Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ashamed to admit my drinking pattern. Its a lot and I suspect far more than any other members here. Unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) I can drink anyone under the table and have done, literally. I very rarely drink spirits though.
Are you drinking right now? :wink:

And a person's size or gender/sex, I learned a long time ago, doesn't always determine their ability to put it away. I'm reminded of about 1993 and watching two fresh-faced German women, both fairly petite and slim, early 20's who worked for the German government and were temporarily staying/working with us at RAF Upper Heyford, getting some training in military readiness accountability.

Those two shy, slightly giggly "girls" drank every American and Brit combined under the table every time we went out.

I'd never seen anyone drink so fast. I remember the very first round we had, we were sat at the table, beers came, and we all lifted ours and said cheers. I immediately took my first sip, sat the beer down, looked over at the two visitors...and they had about a half-inch of beer left in their glasses. What was that, like 15 seconds?

I probably shouldn't encourage certain people, but this site might be of interest to, er, UK wine drinkers. We just got a special offer wine and food box that had a pretty goodly amount of stuff in it...wine, craft beer, pasta, sauces and one or two other goodies. For the £60 we paid, we reckon it wasn't a bad deal at all.

Buy Italian wine online wine hampers | Giordano Wines

In all seriousness, I like the fact that you're able to indulge in something you enjoy.

When we put the little bar in the house, it was because we wanted to have a nightly cocktail hour and then weekends spent in the bar. We put in a TV, stocked it well, went out of our way to add little touches like an updated beer menu, etc.

Less than a week after opening the bar, MrsTasty gets diagnosed with myositis, and getting that under control meant no alcohol for quite a while for her, and even once she got it to a manageable state, she was (and is) limited in when and how much alcohol she can consume. There went the need for a bar. :(

So I say, if you're able, let the wine (and beer, and spirits) flow! 🍷 🍻 🥃:)

Since I came to live here in Thailand my choice of alcoholic drink has been almost exclusively lager beer. Back in England it was beer, dry cider and an assortment of dry red wines but I am reluctant to pay the equivalent of over £10.00 for a 700 ml bottle of French table wine or £25.00 for a similar bottle of Bordeaux..

Drink helps me sleep. I can stop if I want, but I don't want. I enjoy it.

Russ

My parents are 87 and 85, and still drink (spirits) every evening. No health issues connected to drinking, so why not go for it.

I quit (cold turkey) while in the hospital, with a doctor say quit or die.That got my attention.

CD

Hooky bitter and spicy poppadoms for a Saturday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom