Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
02861B3C-2011-40AF-85B7-3C9B28E2DE11.jpeg

Here, I present a unicorn, not a beer. This beauty is 115 cal, which they somehow managed despite 5.2% alcohol content. It doesn’t seem physically possible: The alcohol is where the calories are. This is why the Bell’s IPA may be delicious, but it’s only 3.7% alcohol.

And, there’s more.

I usually don’t love lagers. Unless you are a master at it, like the Germans, I would rather you brought me an ale. But, this is good enough to make me rethink that. It’s light and clean, and you can drink it with any food.

And, it’s brewed by a highly underrated Michigan’s Short’s brewery, which has brewed several excellent brews. But, this might be their best.

I'm usually fairly noncommittal about fruit beers, but this one, from local brewery Taft's, is phenomenal.

Where I think most fruit beers go wrong is that they trend toward overly-sweet. Not this one; just slightly bitter, but a nice, nice sour taste up front. At the very end, just after it's gone down the ol' beer chute, then...just barely noticeable...there it is, a tiny, tiny bit of sweetness.

Around these parts, we'd refer to this as a good lawnmower beer, because after an hour or so of sweating your butt off mowing the grass in the hot, humid summer, this light, slightly-sour-slightly-bitter-slightly sweet beer would refresh you and pick you right back up.

I am not a beer connoisseur. I rarely drink it. The exception is with boiled seafood or fried fish. I also like to fried fish and onion rings in a beer batter.

I use a local beer - Canebrake by Parish Brewery. I think they call it a light wheat ale. Made from local wheat, sugarcane, honey and spices. Taste like beer should taste with nice undertones.

NOTE: I use/drink so little beer that I get a room temp six pack and keep it in the pantry. If we are boiling seafood or frying fish I will put a bottle or two in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
I love a Moscow Mule and have all of the ingredients including copper mugs. What is a Kentucky Mule?

I am not a beer connoisseur. I rarely drink it. The exception is with boiled seafood or fried fish. I also like to fried fish and onion rings in a beer batter.

I use a local beer - Canebrake by Parish Brewery. I think they call it a light wheat ale. Made from local wheat, sugarcane, honey and spices. Taste like beer should taste with nice undertones.

NOTE: I use/drink so little beer that I get a room temp six pack and keep it in the pantry. If we are boiling seafood or frying fish I will put a bottle or two in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.

I love a Moscow Mule and have all of the ingredients including copper mugs. What is a Kentucky Mule?

Bourbon instead of vodka.

mint leaves, half a lime, ginger beer, and bourbon

View attachment 41134

An amazingly good light beer. If you think this is an oxymoron, indulge me a moment while I explain. Or, better yet, indulge yourself with a can.

Bells makes Two Hearted Ale, one of the best IPAs on the planet (and I’m far from the only one who thinks that). This is a slimmed down version. The hops are identical to the original, and the rest of it is brewed so well that I might not have known the difference.

Weighing in at only 110 cal, it’s the perfect beer for the shelter in place cocktail hour after not moving very much during the day.

Looks appetising.! Love the glass.

Russ

This is West Berkshire Mister Chubb's, a session beer that is a gentle 3.4%. Despite that, it has a good range of flavour, quite bitter but also with fruity and spicy notes. It went nicely with the olives.

The glass, as you will spot, is from Elgood's brewery in Cambridgeshire. It was a freebie, part of a very good mixed case they sent by way of apology after a bit of a fiasco with an order. Sometimes, the frustration of these things can be alleviated by these little goodwill gestures.

Well I like it! Sagav '98 (?) is written on it which sounds Russian. So the company is...?
Artic Slope Regional Corp.
George has worked in the oil and gas industry for most of his life. He is in business development. His primary focus is pipeline but his company also does station work, integrity work and right of way. Plus other stuff. Some jobs require work that his company does not do so that gets subbed out.
There are multiple conferences each year along with golf and fishing tournaments. Last fall we went to a pipe-liner's gumbo cook off.
At the conferences the vendors have lots of logo "Give Aways". At the tournaments vendors set up hospitality tents serving food and drinks.
Being the hoarder that he is G would come home with a truck load of junk. I have fussed enough that he has gotten a little better. He has a list of acceptable items to bring home - sticky note pads, note books, pens (good ones), aprons ( I have not seen those in a while), Silicon oven mitts (since I have a pair I give those to family), laser pointers (for the cats). G makes me laugh. He will call me from a conference and tell me what treasures he has found and ask what I want.:roflmao:
He sometimes jumps up and down on my last nerve but I would never consider spending my life with anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom