Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mouse pad!

I bought this mousepad in Jackarta back in 2008. It has 4 USB ports which gives me 3 extra ones. I still use it on the desktop.

The USB sticks attached are 1 Mb and 500 Kb.

36BB8358-D417-4B59-A296-2E7C778A2A27.jpeg

This might be a bad time for just about everything else, but it’s a great time for light beer. In a short span of time, I have two excellent options - an IPA and a lager - and now they have company: this white beer is spectacular. I can taste the honey, orange peel, and coconut water that they used to make this.

And, that number 86 isn’t just for decoration: that’s how many calories a can of this has. I couldn’t be prouder that all three of them are from Michigan breweries.

COSTCO stores in Texas can't sell spirits, only wine and beer. I've heard their Vodka is good.

CD
So sorry for you and other Texans. Costco's brand Kirkland American and French Vodka are superb and CHEAP.
We usually buy the American Vodka. $14 plus change for a 1.75 litre bottle. Smooth, clean with the slightest hint of fruitiness.
The French Vodka is $20 +/- for a 1.75 litre bottle. The taste and smoothness rivals Grey Goose. Only the most experienced vodka connoisseur would notice the difference in a blind taste test.
Kirkland Vodka is Costco's "lost leader".

Surprisingly, we still have Beer Barns in Texas.

I looked for a photo, and found one of the old Beer Barn in Denton, Texas. It is just off the campus of UNT, my alma mater. We went there a lot. They kept their beer really cold.

View attachment 41431

CD

We have those all over here, not by that name, but the same concept - drive-thru convenience (i.e. alcohol) shop.

We do have one in town that's too small to be a drive-thru like that, so the owner installed a sliding window, kind of like McD's, and you get your booze there. Needless to say, the coronavirus didn't disrupt him one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom