Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly, we still have Beer Barns in Texas.

I looked for a photo, and found one of the old Beer Barn in Denton, Texas. It is just off the campus of UNT, my alma mater. We went there a lot. They kept their beer really cold.

View attachment 41431

CD

Can you buy beer and drink it in the car/truck as long as the driver isn't drinking? The Daiquiri bars serve them in open containers and passengers of legal age can drink them in the vehicle.

Can you buy beer and drink it in the car/truck as long as the driver isn't drinking? The Daiquiri bars serve them in open containers and passengers of legal age can drink them in the vehicle.
Recently we both took an online Louisiana Driver's Education course to cut our insurance rates. Open containers are not allowed in the vehicle regardless of who is drinking. Not allowed even if no one is drinking. Any opened container of alcohol can not be transported in the passenger area of a vehicle. G sometimes brings a previously opened bottle of alcohol to the camp. He carries it in the bed of his truck. Not the cab.

Open container laws put a stop to that a good 30 years ago. Enforcement depends on where you are and who you know.

CD

Vodka and cranberry.

I like my Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. They make several variations, but of the 2 I've tried, the BBA is by far my fave. It comes in a 4-pack and runs around $12 at the grocery and Total Wine and Spirits. Got some once at a tiny local place since everybody else was out and they charged almost $20, never went back there!

I like my Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. They make several variations, but of the 2 I've tried, the BBA is by far my fave. It comes in a 4-pack and runs around $12 at the grocery and Total Wine and Spirits. Got some once at a tiny local place since everybody else was out and they charged almost $20, never went back there!
I'll check the price next time I'm out. That comes out of Lexington (I think), so it's kinda-sorta local for us, and it's available all over here.

It's weird...I like bourbon, but I don't usually like bourbon-flavored things. I've had the beer once before. We have an all-vanilla spin on Neapolitan ice cream in the freezer right now, and one of the stripes is something like bourbon-burnt sugar-vanilla, and evening though it's very slight, I don't like it. Of course, it's probably artificial flavoring. :laugh:

I took the family to Mackinac Island this weekend. There, we got to do something we haven’t been able to do in months: go out to eat. The restaurants were very careful: masks required upon entry, tables separated, paper menus that were discarded after use (or some that were only available electronically).

The Main Street was almost deserted...which I thought was great, since there were minimal crowds for the first time in all the years I’ve been coming here. Business haven’t fully opened, but they will. For those who don’t know, this island is unique in that motor vehicles are prohibited. You can get horse-drawn carriages, which we did in a tour of the island.

It’s about a 5 hour drive to get there. As an added bonus, the cruise control didn’t work on my car. On the way back, my wife’s wireless earbuds failed, and we had to stop at 7 different places to find a replacement (things are not exactly cutting edge in this fairly remote area). This added an hour to the drive home.

When I got home, after unpacking, I saw that we had a chair delivered that we had ordered, so I put that together.

Later on, when I had a chance to relax, I treated myself to this.

I

I think I earned it.

So sorry for you and other Texans. Costco's brand Kirkland American and French Vodka are superb and CHEAP.
We usually buy the American Vodka. $14 plus change for a 1.75 litre bottle. Smooth, clean with the slightest hint of fruitiness.
The French Vodka is $20 +/- for a 1.75 litre bottle. The taste and smoothness rivals Grey Goose. Only the most experienced vodka connoisseur would notice the difference in a blind taste test.
Kirkland Vodka is Costco's "lost leader".

That's cheap booze, rum here is $45 for 1 litre. I have a back door supplier for $20 litre. I'm picking up 3 bottles soon.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom