Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chianti is dry and has a similar flavor too Rioja. That would be good for a Sangria. Both of those wines are too dry for me by themselves, but I do like a good Sangria made from scratch.

CD

I agree.
I’ve grabbed that bottle since it was cheaper than usual and despite the heat.

Funnily enough, I have no idea how to make a Sangria because I have only drank eat and never made.

I’ve read somewhere that there is also a version with cinnamon..

Last edited:
I agree.
I’ve grabbed that bottle since it was cheap than usual and despite the heat.

Funnily enough, I have no idea how to make a Sangria because I have only drank eat and never made.

I’ve read somewhere that there is also a version with cinnamon..
We usually have sangria quite regularly, but I've made it just the once so far this year. I must remedy that. :)

The way I usually make it is a to cut up an orange and squeeze the juice into a pitcher, in with the peels, then whatever fruit you like (strawberries, peaches, grapes, etc), muddle that a little, then in with a cut up lime and a cut up lemon.

Pour in the wine, some sugar, and either some brandy or something like triple-sec and give it a good stir. Into the fridge overnight.

When ready to serve, add some sparkling wine and stir just enough to mix, and enjoy.

We usually have sangria quite regularly, but I've made it just the once so far this year. I must remedy that. :)

The way I usually make it is a to cut up an orange and squeeze the juice into a pitcher, in with the peels, then whatever fruit you like (strawberries, peaches, grapes, etc), muddle that a little, then in with a cut up lime and a cut up lemon.

Pour in the wine, some sugar, and either some brandy or something like triple-sec and give it a good stir. Into the fridge overnight.

When ready to serve, add some sparkling wine and stir just enough to mix, and enjoy.

Thank you very much, this helps a lot.
Apart from lime and brandy that I don't have, I have to hand all the rest, so Sangria is on the way..

With "muddle that a little" you mean to shake?

Thank you very much, this helps a lot.
Apart from lime and brandy that I don't have, I have to hand all the rest, so Sangria is on the way..

With "muddle that a little" you mean to shake?
No worries about lime, just whatever you have on hand should be fine. Maybe you have a nice orange-flavored liqueur to use in place of the brandy?

To muddle just means to smash together a bit, just to help release some of the fruit juices. I always like a little bit of smashed fruit for the flavor, and fruit that hasn't been smashed, for the look (and to nosh on while drinking!).

No worries about lime, just whatever you have on hand should be fine. Maybe you have a nice orange-flavored liqueur to use in place of the brandy?

To muddle just means to smash together a bit, just to help release some of the fruit juices. I always like a little bit of smashed fruit for the flavor, and fruit that hasn't been smashed, for the look (and to nosh on while drinking!).

Ah nope, not even orange-flavoured liqueur, but maybe the only fresh orange would be fine?

Smash together a bit, ok, now I got it, thank you!

Adnams brew some nice beer, but they can be a bit shambolic on service. Now, if you are patient (which generally doesn't apply very well to me), you can get a little bonus. We've had occasions where they have made a mess of an order and ended up with more than we expected. It's nothing underhand on our part, it's more a case of them trying to make amends.

So, the latest order; they sent us some mini-kegs that were past the BB date (best before). I rang them before anything arrived and I was told, "Our depot shouldn't have sent you those, but you can keep them and if they're okay, then fine. But we'll do another order so you get stuff that's within the date."

They didn't have most of what we ordered originally, but we ordered some different things. Not a bad outcome. This is one of the "out of date" beers they sent us. We tried it last night - it's lacking a bit of freshness, but it's certainly drinkable and there's nothing wrong with it.

Ah nope, not even orange-flavoured liqueur, but maybe the only fresh orange would be fine?

Smash together a bit, ok, now I got it, thank you!

Wine and fruit are the main components, so use what you have. Let it get cold in the fridge, then serve over ice. That how I remember it from all my time in Spain.

CD

Adnams brew some nice beer, but they can be a bit shambolic on service. Now, if you are patient (which generally doesn't apply very well to me), you can get a little bonus. We've had occasions where they have made a mess of an order and ended up with more than we expected. It's nothing underhand on our part, it's more a case of them trying to make amends.

So, the latest order; they sent us some mini-kegs that were past the BB date (best before). I rang them before anything arrived and I was told, "Our depot shouldn't have sent you those, but you can keep them and if they're okay, then fine. But we'll do another order so you get stuff that's within the date."

They didn't have most of what we ordered originally, but we ordered some different things. Not a bad outcome. This is one of the "out of date" beers they sent us. We tried it last night - it's lacking a bit of freshness, but it's certainly drinkable and there's nothing wrong with it.

View attachment 44607

We get kegs of Heineken here. I got one for novelty use. About 5 litres?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom