Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some beers that use real fruit, remarkably enough called fruit beers (!) Many of these come from Belgium, where they brew a whole variety of beers including a lot of fruit beers.

Most "fruity" beers get their fruit notes from the hops
Fascinating indeed! The notion of a fruit note from hops is an absolute newness to me. Fruit beers exist? How tempting!

As you understand I am not knowledgable about beer at all.

Meanwhile, I have discovered a local brewery based in my city called Zmajska pivovara (zmaj is a dragon, pivo is beer), never knew it was here! They do offer ale, and I will do my best to either visit (our terraces are still open) or order online...

Photos are pre Covid...they were established in 2013. The Ratebeer site has rated them among the first 10 best newly opened breweries in the world...
That is on their About us page...

Fascinating indeed! The notion of a fruit note from hops is an absolute newness to me. Fruit beers exist? How tempting!

As you understand I am not knowledgable about beer at all.

Meanwhile, I have discovered a local brewery based in my city called Zmajska pivovara (zmaj is a dragon, pivo is beer), never knew it was here! They do offer ale, and I will do my best to either visit (our terraces are still open)
I don't normally visit "Irish pubs" when I'm away anywhere, but there is a very good one in Zagreb or at least it was good when I visited the city a few years ago. It's called Sheridan's and is run by a genuine Irishman, a chap from County Offaly. It's on Savska Cesta if you would like to visit. They had some excellent stout from County Carlow (O'Hara's Stout) and quite a few beers from various places, including local ones.

Last edited:
I don't normally visit "Irish pubs" when I'm away anywhere, but there is a very good one in Zagreb or at least it was good when I visited the city a few years ago. It's called Sheridan's and is run by a genuine Irishman, a chap from County Offaly. It's on Savska Cesta if you would like to visit. They had some excellent stout from County Wicklow (O'Hara's Stout) and quite a few beers from various places, including local ones.
Goodness me! I actually know it, I pass Savska cesta quite often ! It is on my way home or vice versa to downtown...surely I would love to! Who would have thought he is genuinely Irish!
Will check if they are in business, some had had to close over Covid low frequency or lockdowns...
I remember they had nice set of benches outside on the pavement.

That was so interesting to read! The tropical fruit and citrus tones sparked my curiosity, and now I've read a bit about Ale beer...
A long time ago it was more of a nutrient than an alcohol beverage...and it was mainly home brewed by women, who would thus supplement their income...
And the fruity tones are not necessarily from actual fruit, but they develop during fermentation at certain temperatures, how extraordinary!!View attachment 60432
Would definitely look for some locally or online available ones, and share a glass with my boyfriend....

During prohibition in the US, a couple of my uncles made a lot of money making beer. That, and importing Canadian whiskey. :wink:

CD

There are some beers that use real fruit, remarkably enough called fruit beers (!) Many of these come from Belgium, where they brew a whole variety of beers including a lot of fruit beers.

Those are called Lambics, and I really like them.

CD

Oh wow! And assuming they never got caught!

Well, it is very unnatural to sustain Prohibition...

They never got caught. However, they cheated their brothers, and were disowned by the family. They moved away, and never came back. Nobody is quite sure what happened to them

CD

View attachment 60483

...yes, I'm drinking that from a mustard jar.
Cool! I remember the brand from Germany...
Was just about to ask about the jar, is it me at 4.20 am or is it really😄?

As long as you don't mind,👍

My ex husband collected and loved mustard glasses, they really were glasses...
Upcycling is good! I collect a few pickles jars and use them to transport stews...

Cool! I remember the brand from Germany...
Was just about to ask about the jar, is it me at 4.20 am or is it really😄?

As long as you don't mind,👍

My ex husband collected and loved mustard glasses, they really were glasses...
Upcycling is good! I collect a few pickles jars and use them to transport stews...
I have a weakness for interesting glass jars. I've been known to buy things I don't really want, just to get the glass it's in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom