Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very bright and sunny day today, although not especially warm. Even so, with all of this blue sky and daylight reaching beyond half past eight in the evening, it feels like a day for a bottle of Italian white.

Oh, all right, you've talked me into it. Italian white and some German football on the telly. Yes, I think we could...

I'm a massive whisky fan. I'm in a couple of clubs. 99 percent of what we have is Scotch.
I have a few bottles on the go usually.

I'm a big Lagavulin fan. I LOVE the 16. I don't often have it because its pricey here in the states. The 10 is also pretty good. I currently have a barrel proof of Laphroaig 10 and a Laprhoaig 10 quarter cask. Both are very good.

Overall, I'm still a bourbon guy. I love the Old Forester lineup. Especially the 1920 and 1897 bottles!! Just killed a 1920 last night

I'm a big Lagavulin fan. I LOVE the 16. I don't often have it because its pricey here in the states. The 10 is also pretty good. I currently have a barrel proof of Laphroaig 10 and a Laprhoaig 10 quarter cask. Both are very good.

Overall, I'm still a bourbon guy. I love the Old Forester lineup. Especially the 1920 and 1897 bottles!! Just killed a 1920 last night
I tried a Blantons last weekend and it was lovely. It would have scored a lot higher but it was up against some serious competition.
I love it too - but only one or two shots in the evening. I'm particularly fond of the smoky, peaty ones such as Laphroaig.
Our last club zoom tasting was a peaty one. If you like smoky/peaty whisky then try Brimstone from Balconies or try to get hold of a Longrow Red.
My personal peaty favourite is Kilkerran Heavily Peated.
If you ever see a bottle just grab it. Very reasonably priced (£47 in UK), good abv (60.9%) and really tasty.

Our last club zoom tasting was a peaty one. If you like smoky/peaty whisky then try Brimstone from Balconies or try to get hold of a Longrow Red.
My personal peaty favourite is Kilkerran Heavily Peated.
If you ever see a bottle just grab it. Very reasonably priced (£47 in UK), good abv (60.9%) and really tasty.

Noted!

I love it too - but only one or two shots in the evening. I'm particularly fond of the smoky, peaty ones such as Laphroaig.
Islay malts are famous for their peaty flavour. I like Laphroaig and Bowmore, various versions thereof. Bowmore 15 is probably the peatiest of their malts. There are quite a few peaty Speyside ones as well. For peaty malt enthusiasts, this article in the Scotsman gives a few ideas:

7 of the best peaty whiskies for beginners to try

I can only drink Chianti with a rich, heavy, fatty meal like spaghetti and meat sauce. The dryness cuts through the richness of the food. By itself, Chianti is way to dry for me.

CD
We eat a lot of tomato based pasta dishes and red meat dishes..we usually have a bottle of Chianti on the go..I'll drink that over a few days, though..gf only likes it in really small amounts so I feel obligated to drink it..tough job, but somebody has to do it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom