Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you drink whisky every day (if you don't mind my asking)?
More or less.. Someone's just a time dram if someone has given me a sample of a new one to try.
Daft as it sounds, sometimes I can't be bothered to go and pour one so don't bother at all.
A couple of those bottles have been open for 18 months or more though.

I have a fully stocked bar and I rarely drink any of it..I'm not much of a whiskey, or cocktail drinker, which is why I probably have so much liquor in the house..it lasts a long time..I have a few single malts that have been there for years. Back when we could have people over, one of my favorite things to do after dinner was to carry out numerous bottles of spirits and plunk them down on the table for people to sample..it was a great conversation piece..I rarely drank any of it, maybe a half ounce of one or two, but people really enjoy the selection and hospitality..beer, on the other hand, doesn't last too long around here..

At least half of the bottles I buy I end up sharing it among members of the whisky club I'm in. At least half a bottle gone each time.

Once a month we have 5 members but a bottle each to donate then they get shared equally among everyone and we all taste them together on zoom. Great fun and a great night.
It's a fantastic way to try new and different whiskies.

At least half of the bottles I buy I end up sharing it among members of the whisky club I'm in. At least half a bottle gone each time.

Once a month we have 5 members but a bottle each to donate then they get shared equally among everyone and we all taste them together on zoom. Great fun and a great night.
It's a fantastic way to try new and different whiskies.
I've been to a few of those over the years..a couple of my good friends are fond of their whiskies...one of my problems is that as a life long beer guzzler, I tend to enjoy my beverages in large "sips" and when there is strong alcohol involved, that can get pretty interesting, pretty fast...lol

I've been to a few of those over the years..a couple of my good friends are fond of their whiskies...one of my problems is that as a life long beer guzzler, I tend to enjoy my beverages in large "sips" and when there is strong alcohol involved, that can get pretty interesting, pretty fast...lol
Oh yes..I know that ending. 🤣

A couple of samples a mate dropped off yesterday....

You are in a great country for that....we have a limited selection here, usually larger distilleries..if one was an avid imbiber, they would become familiar with the usual offerings..it also doesn't help that our alcohol sales are regulated by the government so they decide what comes in to the country..

You are in a great country for that....we have a limited selection here, usually larger distilleries..if one was an avid imbiber, they would become familiar with the usual offerings..it also doesn't help that our alcohol sales are regulated by the government so they decide what comes in to the country..
Yes, while some bottles are hard to get over here, despite being produced here, we have a massive selection.
Can you order online and get shipped in our is that against the rules?

There are some amazing independent bottlers that ship worldwide ...
Lady Of The Glen...
James Eadie...
Cadenheads...

Yes, while some bottles are hard to get over here, despite being produced here, we have a massive selection.
Can you order online and get shipped in our is that against the rules?

There are some amazing independent bottlers that ship worldwide ...
Lady Of The Glen...
James Eadie...
Cadenheads...
You can only bring it in with you personally if you have been travelling....and I think it is only around 1 liter..so, one bottle..

Is it to protect domestic alcohol producers/providers?

Wow they ship Everywhere
I haven't had a good look To see what they have For sale but I noticed a couple of Glen Scotia bottles do they do decent stuff... Although the Glen Scotia 11 can take a bit of getting used to.
They also do some "Old Malt Cask" bottles... Never had a bad one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom