Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a large box of those as a substitute for something else on an on-line delivery. I'm still drinking my way through them. Its OK. Just OK.
That is a perfect assessment of Corona. It's...ok.

In beer ratings, though, "ok" is akin to getting "adequate" on your yearly performance review. :laugh:

Corona Beer, AKA: Gringo Beer.

CD

Corona is the beer equivalent of Jose Cuervo. I remember once, a long time ago, my wife and I went for dinner with some friends to a restaurant in Mexican town. My wife’s friend said she wanted them to make the margarita with “the good stuff”, meaning Jose Cuervo.

I do have to give them credit, though. They had a phenomenally successful advertising campaign in Rolling Stone magazine in the 1970s that established them as the “fun time tequila” to have, at least in the United States. But, if you try almost any other tequila, you’ll find Jose Cuevo is merely OK. If I were to order a margarita, I’d rather not have it made with “the OK stuff”.

Corona is the beer equivalent of Jose Cuervo. I remember once, a long time ago, my wife and I went for dinner with some friends to a restaurant in Mexican town. My wife’s friend said she wanted them to make the margarita with “the good stuff”, meaning Jose Cuervo.

I do have to give them credit, though. They had a phenomenally successful advertising campaign in Rolling Stone magazine in the 1970s that established them as the “fun time tequila” to have, at least in the United States. But, if you try almost any other tequila, you’ll find Jose Cuevo is merely OK. If I were to order a margarita, I’d rather not have it made with “the OK stuff”.

Jose Cuervo Gold was also made famous in A Steely Dan song.

It is okay when mixed into a margarita. As a shot, Cuervo is something I'll do with a gun pointed at my head. For a shot, I'll gladly pay five times more for Patrón or Cabo Wabo.

For an everyday brand of Mexican beer, I go with Pacifico Clara or Sol. I also like Dos Equis (when I want to be a most interesting man). Modelo Negra is the expensive stuff, and it is pretty good.

One of the best ad campaigns in history, IMO...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJD69qX16zY

CD

Jose Cuervo Gold was also made famous in A Steely Dan song.

It is okay when mixed into a margarita. As a shot, Cuervo is something I'll do with a gun pointed at my head. For a shot, I'll gladly pay five times more for Patrón or Cabo Wabo.

For an everyday brand of Mexican beer, I go with Pacifico Clara or Sol. I also like Dos Equis (when I want to be a most interesting man). Modelo Negra is the expensive stuff, and it is pretty good.

One of the best ad campaigns in history, IMO...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJD69qX16zY

CD
I agree. I love those commercials. There have even been rip offs of that guy sometimes in other commercials, which aren’t nearly as cool. I wonder how much the most interesting man in the world was patterned after Richard Branson?

Not a fan of this one, too light for me. It's a Bavaria weiss.
1625489651624.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom