Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was alcohol free.

I cannot remember my last alcohol free day, although it was close on the visit to Terengganu, Malaysia in '98. It took about 90 minutes for my Chindian mate and I to find a wet bar.

I cannot remember my last alcohol free day, although it was close on the visit to Terengganu, Malaysia in '98. It took about 90 minutes for my Chindian mate and I to find a wet bar.
Usually Monday through Wednesday is alcohol-free for us, and it frequently extends into Thursday, but not always.

It can be difficult at times, because I always like to have a drink of something while I'm cooking, especially if it's something that takes a lot of time and tending.

MrsTasty can't drink Mondays-Wednesdays due to meds, so I show a little solidarity with her on that. Usually. :)

100 proof old forester ....... and my sexy wife

20190912_164744.jpg

Great label!
Honestly, I'm not really a wine person, meaning, I like wine quite a bit, but I'm not into the whole mystique of this wine with that dish, or these grapes grown here are better/different than this same variety grown elsewhere. I just want a nice, moderately priced tipple.

All that is leading to...I was walking around with a $10US bottle, then saw the label for this one, at $12, and I thought, "Well, that label's worth $2, I'll have that one!"

I use this website for wine/food pairing. If the recipe you're making is online, you can put in the URL and this website will come back with three suggestions:

Wine-food pairing to any recipe, made easy by Delipair

I went to Ollie's (discounted overstock items department store). They're my go-to place for tea, when I want something a little different in bags or k-cups.

I found Twinings English Breakfast With Lemon in 12 k-cups for $3.99US. I'm drinking that now. I also got an 18-pack of Twinings Premium Black Tea for $4.99. Bargains.

It's also a great place for cookbooks. They have a pretty large selection, and it's not just those generic cookbooks, like from Sunset (if anyone remembers those). I've gotten a Jacques Pepin cookbook there for $4, and I recently got a two-book set from Chris Kimball for a whopping $7.

The heart doc mentioned cutting back on fat and sodium when MrsTasty had her appointment with her cardiologist last week, so I picked up two fairly substantial Cooking Light cookbooks, in hardcover, no less, for...wait for it...$5.

What is a K-cup? Nothing to do with bra sizes I assume. :giggle:
K-cups are the little plastic hot drinks pods that fit Keurig machines:

We have a Keurig, which I use 90% of the time to just squirt out hot water over a tea bag - it's the most expensive hot water dispenser I've ever owned. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom