Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F04A54FB-D29E-40E7-97E6-2E38575AB708.jpeg

GW’s White Lie - a Belgian style witbier - that’s brewed in Traverse City, Michigan. I’m not sure what one of our founding fathers lied about here, but this is a nice beer with a nice sour cherry overtone to it.

Ha…I think I figured out: George Washington, according to legend, chopped down a cherry tree, then was famously said to have admitted to it, saying “I cannot tell a lie.”

And, one thing I can’t lie about is that I also enjoyed the food you can barely see behind the beer. I made a Panini with salami, ham, Swiss, cheddar, and pickled onions. I figured it would go perfectly with mustard, but I couldn’t decide which kind. So, I worked my way through all of them, trying a little bit at a time. This fun little mustard adventure included: honey mustard, sir Kensington‘s mustard, Düsseldorf mustard, stoneground mustard (a mild store bought one, as well as a very strong one I made myself), and Grey Poupon. I also added in samples of my cranberry jam, and a spicy mayo that I made with toasted sesame oil, preserved lime, and Sriracha.

Which one do I like best on the Panini? I’m not sure, but I think I’m going to be doing something like this again in the future.

This is a local beer, and the brewer is largely responsible for bringing craft brewing back to Cincinnati, so his beers always hold a special place in my heart.

I'm pleased to report that this beer is simply wonderful. Rich and plummy, with just a hint of roasted coffee, and like any winter warmer worth its barley, it gets better the closer it gets to room temperature. This is a sipper, not gulper.

Just returned from Niagara Falls. This is a mug resembling a barrel, in deference to Niagara's legend. I wife bought a six pack of Leinenkugel grapefruit shandy. It’s not sophisticated, but I like the assertive grapefruit flavor. Now, when I drink it, I will think about seeing the beauty and the power of nature, in the face of some pretty cold conditions. But, it didn’t stop our enjoyment or appreciation for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom