Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its beer o'clock and this beer is a revelation. Its brewed with fermented black garlic. Quite stunning.

Cheers!

... I'd forgotten where I bought this and had to Google. It can be bought direct from the Garlic Farm (free delivery over £40). Ocado also stock it. Its not cheap - £4.25 for a 500ml bottle but blimey its good. The taste lingers and lingers in the mouth. I think you would love it Duck59.

... I'd forgotten where I bought this and had to Google. It can be bought direct from the Garlic Farm (free delivery over £40). Ocado also stock it. Its not cheap - £4.25 for a 500ml bottle but blimey its good. The taste lingers and lingers in the mouth. I think you would love it Duck59.
Sounds like just the fuel for vegetarian vampire ducks.

There is a restaurant in Riga that has garlic in every dish, even the desserts. The only thing that didn't have garlic was the beer, but maybe they will add this one.

Another one from Allendale brewery in Northumberland. This is Golden Plover, a 4.0% pale ale that feels just right for a warm evening. It's brewed with citrus hops and you can certainly taste that. An excellent summer ale.

And one of these at the end of the evening. It's another pale ale, Blonde Witch from Moorhouse's of Burnley in Lancashire. Not entirely sure about the name or imagery, but it's a pleasant beer, slightly stronger than the Golden Plover at 4.4%.

This was a free sample. It's pink grapefruit gin and I suspect someone else on these boards may have received one of these as well.

1) It's the bottle that's pink, not the drink.
2) The liquid itself.
3) We can make it pink, though, by the addition of pink grapefruit juice.

A Newcastle win is a rare enough event at the best of times, so a 4-1 away win was definitely worth a drink. I quite like a good wheat beer and Erdinger is pretty reliable stuff. This is their "standard" edition and it's widely available in the UK. I like their Urweisse best, but this is a nice beer. Nothing wrong with a bit of weiss now and then.

A Newcastle win is a rare enough event at the best of times, so a 4-1 away win was definitely worth a drink. I quite like a good wheat beer and Erdinger is pretty reliable stuff. This is their "standard" edition and it's widely available in the UK. I like their Urweisse best, but this is a nice beer. Nothing wrong with a bit of weiss now and then.

View attachment 42797
We drink quite a bit of that here. I also have a couple of their glasses.

This was a free sample. It's pink grapefruit gin and I suspect someone else on these boards may have received one of these as well.

1) It's the bottle that's pink, not the drink.
2) The liquid itself.
3) We can make it pink, though, by the addition of pink grapefruit juice.

View attachment 42600

View attachment 42601

View attachment 42602

Do you like Sriracha? There is a company called UV that makes a Sriracha Vodka that is clear, but supposedly really tastes like Sriracha.

CD

Do you like Sriracha? There is a company called UV that makes a Sriracha Vodka that is clear, but supposedly really tastes like Sriracha.

CD
Can't say I'm familiar with it. I'm partial to a chilli sauce, but not overly enthusiastic about vodka.

One of the strange things about vodka is that whoever you meet will tell you it's their invention. Naturally, Russians will claim this, but Ukrainians and Poles will say it's their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom