Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elijah Craig barrel proof

Hook Norton again - this time, a new beer called Off The Hook. It is a 4.3% golden ale that is slightly reminiscent of the 4.1% Hooky Gold, but with a little more bitterness. Being confident of the quality of Hook Norton's beer, we bought a ten-litre minipin.

This went down well while watching the cricket highlights last night. Certainly preferable to the Greene King IPA that was being advertised all round the empty Old Trafford ground where the test match is being played.

We don't usually drink cider, but it's quite nice on a rare warm day, such as we had yesterday. This is an organic cider from Dunkerton's. I prefer this to the mass-produced stuff like Strongbow, Magner's, etc. There is less gas and a lot more flavour. If it looks slightly cloudy, that's because it's meant to. And it goes well with chilli nuts.

I have become a great fan of Elijah Craig’s astoundingly good whiskey: smooth, with a terrific flavor from charred oak barrels, it’s great for sipping or in a mix. Doing shots seems a waste because you don’t get to enjoy the flavor. And, it packs a punch (94 proof, vs 80 for mere mortal whiskey) and it’s reasonably priced ($30 a bottle).

I have become a great fan of Elijah Craig’s astoundingly good whiskey: smooth, with a terrific flavor from charred oak barrels, it’s great for sipping or in a mix. Doing shots seems a waste because you don’t get to enjoy the flavor. And, it packs a punch (94 proof, vs 80 for mere mortal whiskey) and it’s reasonably priced ($30 a bottle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom