Whatcha drinking (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another beer from Lidl, this is one of my favorites
1658131533674.png

Hey, look what just fell outta my mailbox:

View attachment 88592

Hmmmm…beers from Texas…three guess who those are courtesy of…

Much appreciated! I’ll be drinking one of these later today!

I believe those beers are all from near D/FW. I went to a party sponsored by Ford at Community Beer Co. a few years ago, and really liked the beers I had. I never had the Bock, but IIRC, you like Shiner Bock. The Saint Arnold Lawnmower beer is the one that intrigues me the most. I like a good, refreshing beer in the heat of summer.

CD

I believe those beers are all from near D/FW. I went to a party sponsored by Ford at Community Beer Co. a few years ago, and really liked the beers I had. I never had the Bock, but IIRC, you like Shiner Bock. The Saint Arnold Lawnmower beer is the one that intrigues me the most. I like a good, refreshing beer in the heat of summer.

CD
I love bock, Shiner or otherwise. We have a big bockfest in Cincy most years. It’s a blast. That’s probably the one, regardless of the weather right now, that I’m most interested in.

Thanks again, very nice and unexpected surprise, and as I’m back on the pizza train this week, those won’t last long. 🍕 🍺

The Saint Arnold Lawnmower beer is the one that intrigues me the most.
Here it is:

Lawnmower beers tend to fall into the lager-pilsner-kolsch family, and this is no exception. Very clear, very fizzy, light, lacy head that forms quickly and dissipates even more quickly.

Seeing if I’ve lost my beer chops, I tried it, noted that it had that brightness that a pilsner has, but slightly more smooth, just a hair less bitter/more sweet, so I thought, “More like a kolsch.”

Checked their website…it’s a kolsch. In the words of Ralph Malph, “Ha-cha-cha…I still got it!” :woot:

Very good, and as I prefer a kolsch over a pilsner (sorry, my Czech friends), I enjoyed this quite a bit.

This would be a great Autumn beer - appropriate color, more sweet than bitter, and a thick, creamy, substantial head that lasts and lasts.

Sign of a good sweet beer is how it tastes as it warms up a little, and when this shakes some of the chill of the fridge off, that roasty, toasty nuttiness of the grains really steps up. This is my kind of beer!

I think I prefer this one to the earlier lawnmower special; a little sweeter, a little less fizzy.

My apologies on the state of the can. I’d crushed it before I’d managed to get the pic. Sometimes, my innate manliness just takes over and insists I smash things like aluminum cans, in a testosterone-fueled display of brute force. I may snap some dried spaghetti in half later, who knows? 🏋🏻‍♂️

View attachment 88741
I think I prefer this one to the earlier lawnmower special; a little sweeter, a little less fizzy.

My apologies on the state of the can. I’d crushed it before I’d managed to get the pic. Sometimes, my innate manliness just takes over and insists I smash things like aluminum cans, in a testosterone-fueled display of brute force. I may snap some dried spaghetti in half later, who knows? 🏋🏻‍♂️
As long as you don't try to tear aluminum cans apart with your teeth. I know, you don't live that far south! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom