What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was something similar here. It was that bad that there are still vehicles unrepaired after nearly a year. Insurance companies were having to get the vehicles taken hundreds of kms away to get then repaired simply because all of the body shops and car glass companies were inundated locally. Not to mention There's lack of parts all of a sudden. There were a couple of collection locations in farmers fields where hectare after hectare of fields had become storage areas for damaged vehicles awaiting repairs. One locally (that's locally in inverted commas) was that busy that for a while they had to employ many road repair crews to man stop/go signs (we don't have temporary traffic lights here for some reason. It is always done manually.) to regulate the flow of traffic.

The damage done to vehicles was considerable. It left +150,000 vehicles needing repairs and not everyone is covered for damage to their own vehicle (you only need compulsory third party insurance) so many many more were left unrepaired. The dents Then them were the size of hammer heads or cricket balls in some cases. The worst I saw actually penetrated some vehicles!
People now go to extremes when severe thunderstorms are forecast because they usually involve hail stones.

We got lucky because I had both vehicles parked under our fir tree. (Hubby was away from home as usual). It's hard to convey the protection it gives but even in the worst rain they vehicles are usually dry and because of the direction of the hail very little made it to our vehicles and what did did no damage but i know we were very lucky.

I keep my car in the garage when not in use. I try not to go anywhere when I know bad storms are coming. When I travel (which I did a lot pre-covid), I leave my car in covered parking at the airport.

Almost everyone in Frisco has a two or more car garage. Many of my neighbors park their cars outside, because their garages are full of stuff they bought, and never use. So, the junk stays in the garage, and the expensive cars sit outside. There is a $60,000 BMW parked in the driveway across the street from me. The garage is full of "stuff," that just sits there in storage.

CD

Flowers from our garden, nearing their end.

Do you get much wind there? We are cursed with the easterly here a lot. Looks like a cool setting.

Russ
Yes, we get a lot of wind here. It's why I can't leave my garage door open, because it'll collect all the blowing dust and garbage, and why I can't turn my grill to face the way I want it to or it would blow out.

Yes, we get a lot of wind here. It's why I can't leave my garage door open, because it'll collect all the blowing dust and garbage, and why I can't turn my grill to face the way I want it to or it would blow out.

We have our French doors open ATM, not a breathe of wind today, clear skies again. Grandkids are taking their go cart ( push one) out seeing it's nice.
25 deg c here high of 29 tomorrow.

Russ

Daylight Savings Time kicks in at midnight. :dance: I'll have more time in the evening to spend on my garden.

(Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that TastyReuben hates DST?)

CD

(Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that TastyReuben hates DST?)
That's uncanny, because you're absolutely right, I <bleeping> hate DST! I hate it so much! I hate it more than ham and pineapple pizza, and that's saying something.

Except for the normal things like war and and hunger and disease all that usual stuff, I think I hate DST more than probably anything else. I really hate it.

That's uncanny, because you're absolutely right, I <bleeping> hate DST! I hate it so much! I hate it more than ham and pineapple pizza, and that's saying something.

Except for the normal things like war and and hunger and disease all that usual stuff, I think I hate DST more than probably anything else. I really hate it.

I knew it. You need a second home in the southern hemisphere, so you can always live with short days, cold temperatures, rain, snow, and all that other winter stuff.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom