What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, oregano is a spreader. I planted one small oregano plant a few years ago, and it is now about 3-foot by 6-foot in spread. I don't have any other herbs or peppers growing in that garden, so I just keep it within the boundaries of the garden with a weed-whacker.

CD

I snapped a quick-pic of the oregano. It survived the "big freeze" of 2021, and is exploding with growth.

IMG_1434.JPG

CD

Spent a couple of hours this morning prepping a part of the front garden then put in some plants.
A lot of people are out and about, smiles, hellos and chats :happy:

My wife just had a conversation with a Tongan? Lady from about 30 houses away. She praised my wife's garden, especially the 6 foot cosmos flowers I propagated. This woman also has a beautiful front garden as well.

Russ

My wife just had a conversation with a Tongan? Lady from about 30 houses away. She praised my wife's garden, especially the 6 foot cosmos flowers I propagated. This woman also has a beautiful front garden as well.

Russ

We are trying to get as much colour in the front garden as we can.

We are picking up bulbs from a woman 30 mins from here, my wife wants for this coming season. Dahlias so I'm told, ones she's been trying to get for years. Some woman on poo pourri book has 6 for $5. I'll try get pics of her flowers later.

Russ

Since I only plant native to North Texas plants, I'm limited on color. I need to replant my lantanas an Mexican heathers this year, since they did not come back last year, as usual. They are dead. I won't be able to get those until late May, early June.

Other than that, I can mix red leafed shrubs with green ones. My largest red leafed shrub in the front garden died in the Deep Freeze of 2021. I'll have to replace it.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom