What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peonies and other flowers in full bloom.
pionit.jpg

piha.jpg

With us having so much rain lately and being away last weekend, our back lawn and weeds have got a little out of hand so this morning we have spent a good couple of hours taking back control but have had to call it a day because it is way too hot to continue, maybe later when it cools down but for now relax time.

With us having so much rain lately and being away last weekend, our back lawn and weeds have got a little out of hand so this morning we have spent a good couple of hours taking back control but have had to call it a day because it is way too hot to continue, maybe later when it cools down but for now relax time.

I need to mow my back yard today. Weeds are under control, but my oregano is off the leash. I need to cut it back -- again.

CD

Planted radishes and ordered tomato seeds from catalogue. Kings seeds are wife's go to, melons and gerkins/pickles. Peas I planted a week ago not up yet. Wife planted out spring onions as well.
Strawberries are ready to do their thing. Roll on Spring.

Russ

3:15 AM, a line of thunderstorms is rolling through. Nothing severe, but noisy -- looks like I'll be sleeping late on Sunday. Wait, I do that every Sunday. This time I have an excuse. Heavy rain. I'm glad I did the backyard today.

CD

At the organic supermarket where I went this morning, they gave me this bag of seeds to plant which are useful for bees.

It says “ sow the flowers that the bees like. A small gesture for a big change”.

How cute! I’m going to do it. I just hope I won’t have a whole beehive party on my terrace :laugh:

Well the mango tree withstood gusts of up to 50 mph last night, but she sure swayed quite a bit in the wind. No pics, but she probably leaned over a good 20-30 degrees. I am guessing I should prune her a bit and reinforce the tree trunk before the next hurricane scare.

Well the mango tree withstood gusts of up to 50 mph last night, but she sure swayed quite a bit in the wind. No pics, but she probably leaned over a good 20-30 degrees. I am guessing I should prune her a bit and reinforce the tree trunk before the next hurricane scare.

Pruning is the number one thing. Make the tree catch less wind. You have to be careful about reinforcing the trunk. The whole tree should move together. Prune from the inside out, so that wind can blow through the tree.

CD

Pruning is the number one thing. Make the tree catch less wind. You have to be careful about reinforcing the trunk. The whole tree should move together. Prune from the inside out, so that wind can blow through the tree.

CD
Thanks for the tips! I feel bad to prune her, since she's enjoying a growth spurt in this summer weather, but I would feel worse if we get a Cat 1 or 2 and she blows over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom