What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today finished the new cover for the coal bunker before returning the plants to their positions. The sage bush, lemon balm, fennel and lavender are thriving during this hot weather.

My yard/garden is dead or dormant from the 100F-plus heat, and drought. My grass is dormant, my herbs are dead, and I have a couple of dead bushes/shrubs.

View attachment 88447

CD
Here’s what it looks like here:

Summer has been three days of rain followed by a day or two of 90F - the weeds and grass love it. Terrible for mowing, though.

Mine's under water again and we're due substantial rain on Thursday so it's only going to get worse. On the bright side, the chooks are in heaven digging in the muddy lawn. They gravitate to the wettest area and the whole flock joins in. Luckily there isn't much there except for a plum tree (never fruits) and a pear tree that gives +100kg if fruit each year.

I did spot several if the flock in the ditch on either side of the track today as well. They followed me down the track add I checked for post and when I came back, they were wading through the deepest part seeing what goodies would surface when they scratched in the mud under the water. My lot must think they are ducks! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom