What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your house is narrow as well? The weather looks better than here !!

Russ

The house is not extremely narrow. Its pretty average width for a medium sized terraced Victorian house in the UK. Some are smaller and only the width of a small front room with the door opening directly from the street into that room. I'll try to find a google street image of the front. My friend's house in Saffron Walden where I'm staying at the moment is much smaller and narrower - its a very old Grade 11 listed and only about 11 ft wide!

My house is the middle one, pale green door. The lens distortion makes it look narrower than it is (my car looks shorter and stubbier than it is!)

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 11.27.12.png

The house is not extremely narrow. Its pretty average width for a medium sized terraced Victorian house in the UK. Some are smaller and only the width of a small front room with the door opening directly from the street into that room. I'll try to find a google street image of the front. My friend's house in Saffron Walden where I'm staying at the moment is much smaller and narrower - its a very old Grade 11 listed and only about 11 ft wide!

My house is the middle one, pale green door. The lens distortion makes it look narrower than it is (my car looks shorter and stubbier than it is!)

View attachment 23952

Thanks for the pic, I loved the houses in bath, the circular and spaced out, took me back to upstairs downstairs. I like the attic? At the top. Your car . Please tell me it's not a Suzuki swift? Lol. I think it's a Nissan or Hyundai.

Russ

Nz is home of the 1/4 acre section, although many are now sub divided into 2 sections. Our place is quite big with I think from memory 50 sq metres upstairs. Wife wants to down grade but I love it here. So many good memories here.

Russ

Thanks for the pic, I loved the houses in bath, the circular and spaced out, took me back to upstairs downstairs. I like the attic? At the top. Your car . Please tell me it's not a Suzuki swift? Lol. I think it's a Nissan or Hyundai.

Russ

The houses in Bath are very lovely - Georgian era. My house is Victorian and quite ordinary really. My car is a Vauxhall Corsa so nothing at all special either. Yes - that's an attic room as originally built except that its been divided into two bedrooms. Its quite quaint but gets hot in summer, being under the roof. There is a cellar too so the house is bigger than it might look. 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, cellar, kitchen, living room and dining room... and a rather long garden!

The houses in Bath are very lovely - Georgian era. My house is Victorian and quite ordinary really. My car is a Vauxhall Corsa so nothing at all special either. Yes - that's an attic room as originally built except that its been divided into two bedrooms. Its quite quaint but gets hot in summer, being under the roof. There is a cellar too so the house is bigger than it might look. 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, cellar, kitchen, living room and dining room... and a rather long garden!

I would love a cellar or dungeon. Lol. Giggle alf and the cellar if you want a laugh. It's a take off of neighbours alf.
It is quite bigger than it looks. I know Brits like small cars but here we love big cars, I recently sold my V8 Classic car but our other cars are a V6 and another V8.
Our upstairs bedroom and lounge also gets the heat. It's like an oven up there at times.

Russ

Early in the season up at my alleged Zone 5.

I spotted ONE asparagus stalk today. Not going to eat it yet of course.

Onions not harvested last year are poking a few stalks upwards.

The oregano and other perennial herbs are not up yet. Hey, we had SNOW yesterday. It didn't stick but it was snow....

Wife spent yesterday planting winter crops. I carried bags of compost for her. Then she spotted an aubergine we planted a few months ago. She bought it as a novelty, I don't even like it. But I guess I will explore the vegetable.

Russ

Wife spent yesterday planting winter crops. I carried bags of compost for her. Then she spotted an aubergine we planted a few months ago. She bought it as a novelty, I don't even like it. But I guess I will explore the vegetable.

Russ

I have a recipe here which was tested in a professional kitchen by the the Food52 website (it made the shortlist for one of their challenges a while back). Its quite an unusual way to use aubergine and uses pomegranate molasses which I know you have. You could leave out the tofu or substitute chicken. Pomegranate molasses goes really well with aubergine as does amchoor (mango powder).

I have a recipe here which was tested in a professional kitchen by the the Food52 website (it made the shortlist for one of their challenges a while back). Its quite an unusual way to use aubergine and uses pomegranate molasses which I know you have. You could leave out the tofu or substitute chicken. Pomegranate molasses goes really well with aubergine as does amchoor (mango powder).

I have mango powder in my Indian ingredients bin. I love mango. I will giggle recipes when we harvest. Thanks.

Russ

An abandoned squash of a type I did know but have forgotten has a squash on it that's bright yellow and about 25cm across. We had no idea there was a fruit on the plant (there are several more golf ball sized ones as well). It was planted at the base of a cherry tree because I'd left it on the potted tree and it had rooted through the base and I couldn't break all the roots they were that strong. So when the tree was planted, so was the squash . It's an unusual heritage variety that was given away by a gentleman we met at the local farmers market back in November when my in-laws were staying here. I'll leave the squash there for a bit longer yet. The plant seems quite robust and able to withstand frost and is still growing, so is the squash fruit itself . Otherwise in a sheltered corner the lemon tree is still covered in ripe and unripe lemons , and the herb patch is still growing but life elsewhere is just leaves. The kale that has survived the chooks (they love it, mind you so do I) is still in the bags we moved house in 12months ago! I might plant it soon.

Due to all the rain we have had lately our gardens are looking messy, with us being away for a couple of days we certainly noticed the difference when we got back. This morning I mowed the front lawn and trimmed the edge, my husband did the weeding and prepped the garden ready for me to put in the bedding plants we bought today. As it is going to be dry for the next few days I will potter in the evenings, mow the back lawns etc... My house plants are more in need of tlc today.

Cut and froze 4 bags coriander leaf and stalks. If I had to buy this, it would be about $30 worth. I cut it from frozen when I need it. It's the end of the line this season. That and basil are gone. Picked my first lemon for making samosas a week or so ago. The fruit is mainly green still but looks like the biggest crop so far. Lime tree is about 5 years old and there's about 3 on the tree. Apart from that, the garden has only winter crops in. Brussels sprouts and cabbage. I think there's cauli as well? Pumpkins still growing. Checked Beetroot. It's ready to bottle. Maybe next weekend. Lawn man is due today so yard should look real,sharp by tonight.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom