What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first of the giant poppies are out. Each head is about 5" in diameter.
IMG_1306.JPG

Can you explain how to do that - my friend has a Camelia that is on its last legs but has some growth and buds coming out. The rest is dying off so it could be worth taking a cutting in case the whole thing dies.

Ours is growing and is giving out new shoots so I snipped them off, dipped the stem in water then in rooting compound and planted in soil mixed with a lot of grit for drainage. Never done it before so fingers crossed.

P_20190526_100752.jpg

some of them look like pineapple heads
Depending on size , hyacinth or grape hyacinth. The latter being much smaller and always(?) purple (got a feeling they may just come in white as well but not sure ). The former pretty much come in most colours and are highly fragrant usually.
If you put up a photo as they are currently I can probably ID them for you.

We had rain showers on Monday, yesterday afternoon and evening it poured down so the front garden is now looking really quite healthy. We have iris in the garden and they have come up a treat this year :happy:

Stunning - I used to have some but they disappeared - they usually self seed.
If it's the one I think it is, its a perennial and whilst it can and does seed, it usually propagates by tuber division. We used to have them when we lived in Surrey. I might see if they are luck they'll be a banned species due to excessive ability to survive in Australia or something like that. Just like I can't have blackberries :( (you can get one or two selected varieties of they are grafted onto root stock that is less successful and you ensure the fruit is protected and...)

Herbs mainly. Tomatoes. Peppers. Strawberries. Rosemary, mint, sage, three kinds of basil. Cilantro and parsley and thyme. Never had any luck with dill or chives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom