What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@morning glory - BTW, that horned tomato bug with the wasps living on it...it's just hanging around my now-leafless tomato plant (tomato stub?), still got its waspy curlers on. :D

This morning I sat outside to re-pot our 4 lime trees and give all the orchids a thorough soak. My boys have been outside on the lawn but this afternoon the wind really picked up and very dark clouds came over so we bought them back in in case it poured down.

Propagating chillies ( about 12 different ones) gerkins, cucumbers, beans, corn and more lettuces etc.
springs here!!! I love Spring. Daughte took home her starter packs of radishes spring onions and lettuces. She's happy as she loves gardening. Like her mum,lol.

Russ

Plumbs and raspberries are in abundance at the moment, planning to have a go at making plumb wine. Apple trees and tomato plants not doing so well this year. It's been a strange couple of years weather wise, and this seems to have had a profound effect on the garden.

Plumbs and raspberries are in abundance at the moment, planning to have a go at making plumb wine. Apple trees and tomato plants not doing so well this year. It's been a strange couple of years weather wise, and this seems to have had a profound effect on the garden.

Do you make jam or coulis out of the raspberries?

Russ

Do you make jam or coulis out of the raspberries?

Russ
Both. Well, my wife does! Also blackcurrant coulis, but the crop this year wasn't even worth picking. Rhubarb is going berserk though. Never known a year like this.

Both. Well, my wife does! Also blackcurrant coulis, but the crop this year wasn't even worth picking. Rhubarb is going berserk though. Never known a year like this.

That's cool eh. My kids and grandkids can't get enough jam and coulis. Raspberry is so much better than store bought. Wife's planted red currants and boysenberries as well this year . Hoping for a bumper crop this summer, (November)

Russ

C
That's cool eh. My kids and grandkids can't get enough jam and coulis. Raspberry is so much better than store bought. Wife's planted red currants and boysenberries as well this year . Hoping for a bumper crop this summer, (November)

Russ
Can't beat fruit fresh from your own garden. I invented a new breakfast dish this week - blitz up some raspberries with a dash of vanilla extract, swirl in some Greek yoghurt and top with granola or nuts.

Envious that you're heading into summer. It's early Autumn here, so it's goodbye sunshine and hello rain!

Thankfully that's not too much going on in the garden except for some if the fruit is starting to flower. A soft fruit (identity not known) and the apricot tree are both starting to flower. That's another tree whose identity is again not known that is completely covered in flowers.

If they're wind pollinated we'll be fine. It's blowing a gale out there. Not a day to be planting seeds out. Anything not staked down is being blown away. Branches are coming down (literally) and I'll be glad when this storm blows itself out. I can then get on and start planting. I know it's a bit late but they'll soon catch up and everything here is about a month behind Canberra anyhow, thankfully. (It's later because of the temperature difference with me being not only much higher on a mountainside some 100-200m higher vertically but also because we're actually on the Great Dividing Range and close to one of the central plains that affects out weather pattern.) That said we're due frost all of this week so I'll have to plant out into pots on the veranda first to give them shelter but that means I'll also end up with them inside the dog cage (which doubles as a chook cage when needed) to stop the chooks from thinking they've found something tasty to eat!

I have harvested my first uchiki kiri squash this morning. As a complete novice I’m ridiculously excited when I pick something from the garden. I’m turning this into a potato and squash dauphinois bake for dinner later.

A98B64B1-FA37-4C36-AD29-E6E6E064577C.jpeg

Potatoes grown in a bag we’re a success and I’m trying again so that I have Christmas Day homegrown spuds!

Completely in love with cucamelon sand will definitely be growing these again next year.

Chilli’s have been odd.... one plant has produced some beauties. Other plant just about to start producing (so not sure how it’s going to fair over winter).

Tomatoes are still going strong!
8FF7151E-60DA-4640-93B2-6F8E482B29B9.jpeg
BF687998-93FF-4E93-970F-BB326F556CCE.jpeg
B2419B28-345C-4070-9E22-BB96B8EE665C.jpeg
3DD5593B-9F89-45CE-BF47-8EA115EE4A9C.jpeg

Potatoes grown in a bag we’re a success and I’m trying again so that I have Christmas Day homegrown spuds!

Completely in love with cucamelon sand will definitely be growing these again next year.

Chilli’s have been odd.... one plant has produced some beauties. Other plant just about to start producing (so not sure how it’s going to fair over winter).

Tomatoes are still going strong! View attachment 31713View attachment 31714 View attachment 31715View attachment 31716

You are doing much better than I ever have with growing produce. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom