What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we see them much more frequently than hedgehogs tbh. But they are not common in towns and cities or much less obvious. We had lived here Australia for several months before I saw my first one. But we've seen quite a few in the last month alone. They are also decidedly bigger. And can dig themselves in to soil to the point where you can't lift them up (we had to rescue/move one on one occasion).

The two trees in the centre are getting a hair cut later. Chainsaw needs sharpening first. Wife says trees are blocking sun from her plants.

Russ

Picked up chain and fitted it. Wife won't let me cut them yet, we have to go to daughters, and I'm not allowed to get dirty. Trees get a reprieve. !! Courgettes are up plus a few other things.

Russ

Yesterday evening we had a guy come round to look at the trees in the back garden, he has emailed a quote which is about half the price we were expecting, can't do them until the back end of next month but that is fine because we don't have any plans for the garden for the rest of the year.

My... that looks a bit brutal!

Too much shade for veges to grow. Now to clean up. Over here waste rubbish depots take green waste free of charge. I'll cut thick bits up got my friends open fire. The rubbish place makes compost out of green waste and sell it so they don't charge to take it off me. I'll get a trailer on Monday and get rid of it.

Russ

Over here waste rubbish depots take green waste free of charge.
Same here, plus recycling.
In addition because we don't have a bin collection, we get given a card which entitles us to free disposal of 2x60L bins (black bin size) a week. We rarely get through half of that if any. I think we're averaging 1 black bin a month (landfill). all the rest is green or recycling. Plus we have our own kitchen waste composter and the chooks (though it's rare they get anything).

Same here, plus recycling.
In addition because we don't have a bin collection, we get given a card which entitles us to free disposal of 2x60L bins (black bin size) a week. We rarely get through half of that if any. I think we're averaging 1 black bin a month (landfill). all the rest is green or recycling. Plus we have our own kitchen waste composter and the chooks (though it's rare they get anything).

We have 3 bins, 1 for green waste weekly and red for landfill every fortnight, and yellow recycling every fortnight. All included with rates and council taxes. Our green bins always full.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom