What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My decking with trays out. There's more in the greenhouse.

Russ

View attachment 33309

View attachment 33310
My setup currently for seeds and seedlings which given the state of my rhubarb this morning is definitely needed. My rhubarb has been eaten by one of the pests, either sulphur crested cockatoos (most likely suspects) or crimson rosellas. It has been broken off and the stems eaten to a certain thickness before the leaf. I've seen this repeatedly from sulphurs. It is one of their common habits. I'll have to get protection up and running for it in the next few days.

The seed potatoes are just out on the table (covered over because it has been sanded down and I'm just waiting for a suitable day that isn't windy to varnish it).

Virtually everything on the top row is a free seed (and seed pot, everything needed to grow the seeds) with your shopping. For every $30 spent you get a random pot. At the start they were rather more generous handing them out than they are now. Now they stick to every $30. At the start they were handed out liberally at a rate of roughly one every $20. There is everything in there from bok choi, kale, tomato, radish, cress, thyme, basil, lettuce and pansy. There are 24 to 'collect'.

Virtually everything on the top row is a free seed (and seed pot, everything needed to grow the seeds) with your shopping. For every $30 spent you get a random pot. At the start they were rather more generous handing them out than they are now. Now they stick to every $30. At the start they were handed out liberally at a rate of roughly one every $20. There is everything in there from bok choi, kale, tomato, radish, cress, thyme, basil, lettuce and pansy. There are 24 to 'collect'.
Awesome set up,

Russ

Some of mine

Russ

Cold snap here as well. Brrrr

Russ
1°C and a visible frost here this morning. Same time it was 7°C in Canberra! Grrr. Glad we had the fire lit. Due quite a few more cold nights next week as well. There's a simply massive weather system coming up from the southern ocean covering 3 states!

Luckily I haven't lost anything because the veranda is on the sheltered side of the house and the cage was pulled right up into the doorway (protected on 3 sides and from above).

1°C and a visible frost here this morning. Same time it was 7°C in Canberra! Grrr. Glad we had the fire lit. Due quite a few more cold nights next week as well. There's a simply massive weather system coming up from the southern ocean covering 3 states!

Luckily I haven't lost anything because the veranda is on the sheltered side of the house and the cage was pulled right up into the doorway (protected on 3 sides and from above).

We don't need cages to protect plants. Slugs are my wife's pests.

Russ

We don't need cages to protect plants. Slugs are my wife's pests.

Russ
Very few slugs here, too many chooks and not enough water.

Did get this one through the garden just now. S/He's harmless though and one we love to see. We actually think it lives locally because we do see it so often.

It's a shingle back (lizard).

Very few slugs here, too many chooks and not enough water.

Did get this one through the garden just now. S/He's harmless though and one we love to see. We actually think it lives locally because we do see it so often.

View attachment 33585

View attachment 33586

It's a shingle back (lizard).

We don't have them, we have skinks, but I havnt seen one in years. Birds attack strawberries so netting over them.

Russ

El Paso chillies are up, more Serrano as well. Planted green beans out along with courgettes/ zuchs. 6 cucumbers are up as well. Carnations are popping up everywhere as well, stopped counting after 30.
Beautiful sunny day today, wife was busy In the garden planting out. Gotta go get ready, busy night ahead.

Russ

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom