What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Come visit me in July. Over 100F pretty much every day. 85F at night. :wink:

Believe it or not, people who move here do adapt.

Where EB lives, it is not as hot, but the humidity is ridiculous.

CD
Yep.
CD is 6 hours N/NW. Much more dramatic climate changes. Hotter summers and colder winters. I am 35 miles "as the crow flies " north of the Gulf of Mexico. Our temperature does not reach the extremes of the Dallas area but the humidity is a killer. I am thoroughly enjoying the brief spring
I am spending most of my time on the patio. In a few short weeks I will only venture out to water my garden early in the morning
A/C and ceiling fans are already running almost non stop
A storm front blew through last night so I took advantage of the drop in temperature and humidity by opening up the windows. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice. I take advantage of every beautiful spring day. They are few and far between
Summer may start in a couple of days.
If every day were like today everyone in the world would want to live here.

Where EB lives, it is not as hot, but the humidity is ridiculous.

Humidity is the killer for me - but really any sort of heat. I'm eternally grateful that I live in such a lovely temperate climate. For the last week its been perfect Spring temperatures and lots of sunshine. My cherry trees are coming into blossom. This is the edible cherry (also known as the pigeon feeder):

Humidity is the killer for me - but really any sort of heat. I'm eternally grateful that I live in such a lovely temperate climate. For the last week its been perfect Spring temperatures and lots of sunshine. My cherry trees are coming into blossom. This is the edible cherry (also known as the pigeon feeder):

View attachment 39529
So pretty Bella.
Sarana x

The second day in a row of perfect weather
Low 70's, very low humidity, a gentle north breeze, just a few puffy clouds floating across a blue bird sky.
The windows are open and the AC is off.
Sitting on the patio watching the birds and a Monarch butterfly.
There is a pair of young doves on the patio grooming each other to remove the baby down. Mother visits occasionally to give them a supplemental feeding from her craw.
I can not drag myself inside.

This morning I started twining the leaders of my tomato plants on string.
The beans and cucumbers are setting true leaves. Blossoms forming on peppers . Need to plant more seeds in starter pots. The seeds are old and not showing a good germination rate.
In another week I will be able to start tying the cantaloupe and watermelon to the support structure
The herbs are flourishing. I am able to harvest small quantities
Sweet Baby Brother did a drive by delivery of a homemade crawfish pie. I gave him a bag of beets and beet greens . I got the better end of that deal
:hungry:

The second day in a row of perfect weather
Low 70's, very low humidity, a gentle north breeze, just a few puffy clouds floating across a blue bird sky.
The windows are open and the AC is off.
Sitting on the patio watching the birds and a Monarch butterfly.
There is a pair of young doves on the patio grooming each other to remove the baby down. Mother visits occasionally to give them a supplemental feeding from her craw.
I can not drag myself inside.

Overcast and 63F here. :mad: When are we finally going to be rid of this wet and chilly weather?

CD

This morning I started twining the leaders of my tomato plants on string.
The beans and cucumbers are setting true leaves. Blossoms forming on peppers . Need to plant more seeds in starter pots. The seeds are old and not showing a good germination rate.
In another week I will be able to start tying the cantaloupe and watermelon to the support structure
The herbs are flourishing. I am able to harvest small quantities
Sweet Baby Brother did a drive by delivery of a homemade crawfish pie. I gave him a bag of beets and beet greens . I got the better end of that deal
:hungry:
Could you please post a picture of the crawfish pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom