What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's going to be a good year for crab apples.

It's World Naked Gardening Day today (so I'm told). Who's out there?

I'm not even venturing into the garden fully clothed today. It's now colder than when ig got up 1½he's ago and is 3.9°C and dropping. It's blowing a gale (straight off the southern ocean) and I do mean a gale. Hold onto any hats... forget umbrellas. Everything has to be in the garage on a day like today (and yesterday and Thursday) otherwise it is blown away literally. It's also rained rather a lot in the last 2 days and today looks to be no different, so forget gardening and forget doing it minus clothing. The only minus thing here is the wind chill! (Or the unheated bathroom temperature! )

I have some tiny leaves sprouting where I planted the Everglades tomato seeds. There's a couple where I planted the shisito peppers, and there's some teeny tiny green spots popping up in the box where I planted the shiso seeds, which I hope are actually shiso plants and not weeds. Nothing from the Swiss chard seeds yet, but they were old so may not sprout.

Nice wheels.

I planted six dhalias today.

Some may recall I had the tree surgeons in during November to clear out my garden. With the garden centres shut my plans of replanting my property have fallen apart and all I have managed to secure is half a dozen dhalias from Marks & Spencers at an over inflated price. At least I've got them, it's not like I have anything else to spend my wages on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom