What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny you should say that. I put this is sometime last year, out of boredom, using leftover pavers, bricks, and block that I had lying around. It's shifted/settled a bit now, but when I first finished it, it was rather sleek-looking, if I do say so myself, and I was quite pleased, because I have a reputation of half-assing projects like that.

MrsTasty was out of town, I did that while she was gone, and I posted a pic and mentioned all that, and someone commented back, "If I were your wife, and I came home to that, I'd be sleeping with one eye open!" :laugh:

There's oregano, thyme, chives, rosemary, parsley, basil, and dill in there, as well as a flower from last year that came back. Oh, and mint. You all warned me about the mint last year, so I pulled it all up, but now it's back.

I'd like to get some flower boxes for the sides as well, I love having a lot of flowers around, but MrsTasty doesn't like spending the scratch.

One of my two favourite flowers. I'm sure you can guess the other one.
Er, let me think....

I adore these poppies. They are huge - a good 5-6 inches across. The first year we moved into this house we returned from 3 weeks away to find the garden full of them. Totally took our breath away. There are only two plants left now, but every year we collect and sow seeds in the hope of more growing.

Er, let me think....

I adore these poppies. They are huge - a good 5-6 inches across. The first year we moved into this house we returned from 3 weeks away to find the garden full of them. Totally took our breath away. There are only two plants left now, but every year we collect and sow seeds in the hope of more growing.

Same thing here - and they self seeded every year until one year, no more. I still have some petals preserved (dried and pressed and sadly drained of colour).

I planted some poppy seeds the other day and I'm really hoping they will come up.

Last edited:
We have the power washer man coming tomorrow to do the house and the deck, so right now, the yard is a cluttered mess.

The crop duster was back again, this time spraying the field right behind our house, which meant he was passing over our yard nearly close enough to touch, and it smelled like sour glue for the next several hours from the chemical spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom