What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
47BB11AE-4808-4FEB-93C7-BAC5B2531BEE.jpeg

Didn’t want my pumpkins to freeze so they are sunbaking on the dining room buffet.

We woke to a layer of snow yesterday (not exactly the thickest of layers but enough to have to scrap the windscreen of the car rather than use the wipers plus the grass and track also had a layer).
It doesn't seem long since I last scraped ice off the car windscreen in the morning, but at last Spring is breaking through here with daytime temperatures in the mid teens - apart from last week when we had freak 27 deg C for a couple of days.

Yesterday we bought grow bags for the tomato plugs that I will be ordering soon, along with some herbs to replace the ones that didn't survive the Winter - chervil, French tarragon, along with more thyme (never have enough) and dill. Work in the greenhouse will start tomorrow.

We have only been away for 1 week and already our garden looks as though it has been abandoned, the lawn is ridiculously long and the weeds are everywhere :o_o:

The front lawn is now tidier, weeding has been done and bedding plants are in and well watered. Some parts of the ground are rock hard and can't do anything with, we do need more bedding plants for the rest of the garden though.

I hate hazel nuts and almonds. I'm game for anything else. Broccoli ready to pick from the garden. Picked s cauli last week.

Russ

I hate hazel nuts and almonds. I'm game for anything else. Broccoli ready to pick from the garden. Picked s cauli last week.

Russ
I will eat most nuts except macadamia nuts - can't risk the mutt getting hold of them. Can't grow broccoli or cauliflower (or most ground level veggies or fruit) because said mutt will help himself - he already picks his own hazelnuts from the lower branches. I have to get in quick either before the squirrels get them or after the mutt has chased the squirrels away.

I don't know, but I just don't like them, I love cashews and peanuts but hate almonds. I use peanuts and cashews regularly even roast my own salted peanuts. I guess we're all different huh.

Russ

I don't know, but I just don't like them, I love cashews and peanuts but hate almonds. I use peanuts and cashews regularly even roast my own salted peanuts. I guess we're all different huh.

Russ
I forgot - I don't do salted nuts at all. I am what is called a "supertaster" - even my shepherds pie tasted distinctly salty yet I never put even a grain of salt in it - there was only the natural salt in some of the ingredients. Once in a while I do crave salt, so it's either chips with the tiniest bit of salt on or half a dozen mini pretzels to cure the craving.

You don't make pork crackling then lmao.
I forgot - I don't do salted nuts at all. I am what is called a "supertaster" - even my shepherds pie tasted distinctly salty yet I never put even a grain of salt in it - there was only the natural salt in some of the ingredients. Once in a while I do crave salt, so it's either chips with the tiniest bit of salt on or half a dozen mini pretzels to cure the craving.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom