What's going on in your garden?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
1:08 PM
I harvested a lot more fresh herbs for drying - thyme, oregano, sage, basil, and mint.

My sage is so thick outside, I noticed as I was cutting it back that it's all black and rotting all along the bottom.

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Local time
Do you like mint sauce??

Russ
I've had mint sauce maybe twice in my life, and I don't remember if I like it. :laugh:

I will say this: I've used the fresh mint I have in several salads (most recently, a cucumber-mint salad), and I have to admit, I'm not really liking it much.

We never had mint growing up, we didn't grow it and Mom didn't cook with it, and the only "mint" I ever had was in the form of candies, like hard candy/boiled sweets, mint chewing gum, mint ice cream...you know, all that junk food stuff that probably had zero natural mint in it.

Every time I'm having some of that mint, like in a salad, my brain keeps saying, "No, no, no. Mint is for candy! Peppermint! Spearmint! Mint Lifesavers! Don't put it in salad! Yuck!"

I'm trying to get over it, but I just don't like it, I think.

rascal

Guru
Local time
5:08 AM
I've had mint sauce maybe twice in my life, and I don't remember if I like it. :laugh:

I will say this: I've used the fresh mint I have in several salads (most recently, a cucumber-mint salad), and I have to admit, I'm not really liking it much.

We never had mint growing up, we didn't grow it and Mom didn't cook with it, and the only "mint" I ever had was in the form of candies, like hard candy/boiled sweets, mint chewing gum, mint ice cream...you know, all that junk food stuff that probably had zero natural mint in it.

Every time I'm having some of that mint, like in a salad, my brain keeps saying, "No, no, no. Mint is for candy! Peppermint! Spearmint! Mint Lifesavers! Don't put it in salad! Yuck!"

I make mint sauce, I have it on roast chicken and beef. I can literally drink it I love it that much. I use it in rhaita for curries. I know you do tandoori so it would go well with that.

Russ

JASOH1

Local time

Try it in tea.

epicuric

Veteran
Staff member
Local time
6:08 PM
I make mint sauce, I have it on roast chicken and beef. I can literally drink it I love it that much. I use it in rhaita for curries. I know you do tandoori so it would go well with that.

Russ
It's generally served with roast lamb here, I've never seen it offered with beef or chicken. Do you not have it on lamb?

Top Bottom