What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My garden is still alive. That's about all I can say. My basil plant just won't give up. It is small, and the leaves are small, but they taste good. My pepper plant was attached by caterpillars, but has some leaves left, and even a few peppers.

The oregano, rosemary and thyme are doing fine. This heat doesn't get to them.

CD

Today’s Sunday lunch will all be picked from the garden.
Potatoes, carrots, peas and beans.
Served with roast chicken.

Tomatoes finally ripe! All grown from seed this year! Only disappointment were the green/black variety - not much flavor.
View attachment 45637
When we buy cherry toms from the organic farm, they come mixed with red, gold, and black. IMO, the black ones are the least flavorful, and they go bad the fastest. The gold ones are our favorites.

When we buy cherry toms from the organic farm, they come mixed with red, gold, and black. IMO, the black ones are the least flavorful, and they go bad the fastest. The gold ones are our favorites.
The seeds for these came from Poland - so I could read the variety or anything about them. I’m not impressed, these are crunchy - I think all looks no substance 😂.
I love yellow cherry tomatoes too.

Zdravka and Carmilo (in their 80s) our neighbors and my new Mum and Dad converted every spare patch of land into raised vegetable beds by building concrete retaining walls into the the limestone hill years ago. Zdravka walks along the walls like a steeple jack watering. There various types of Tomatoes were some of the best we have eaten. Carmilo and I just sit watching her and drinking coffee and pretending not to watch the scantily clad girls walking down the path to the beach. Life can be stressful when we give different scores out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom