What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were those petunias? I really like those flowers and they are easy to keep at home.
No, that's liriope - very common here. Pretty much no maintenance. I haven't even watered them at all this year, and they're looking good. Landscapers plant them because they're pretty much idiot-proof. They're like spiders; they can survive almost anything. You'd really have to go out of your way to kill one.

However...that blurry purple flower in the background is indeed a petunia. Anyone who plants basket/planter flowers here plants petunias. They're the McDonald's cheeseburger of garden center flowers.

Liriope muscari is a species of low, herbaceous flowering plants from East Asia. Common names in English include big blue lilyturf, lilyturf, border grass, and monkey grass. It is a perennial with grass-like evergreen foliage and lilac-purple flowers which produce single-seeded berries on a spike in the fall. It is invasive to North America and considered a threat to native wildlife.

Wind gusts today were really bad, two greenhouses picked up, they were staked to the ground,and thrown against the back fence. My lawn man txt me he moved them to shelter until I got home. Pita.

Russ

Anyone who plants basket/planter flowers here plants petunias. They're the McDonald's cheeseburger of garden center flowers.

Yes - here they are popular too. And not without reason as they will flower all summer if you dead head them. I usually plant them in the front window boxes. This year the nursery was bare due to covid shortages/closure and all I could find were Marigolds and a plant I've never grown before (can't remember the name - its a succulent). In fact they have lasted quite well. These pics are from a while back but both are still flowering:

Morning Glory your flowers look super pretty!

I really like petunias, they're pretty and they last so long with little care. I had one that lived for years, I forgot it on the balcony during the winter and it died but then the flower grew again on its own! It didn't survive a third house move though.

Anyone grew chives indoors? I'd like to use fresh chives more but they are expensive. Are they easy to keep? I only get along with low maintenance herbs.

Anyone grew chives indoors? I'd like to use fresh chives more but they are expensive. Are they easy to keep? I only get along with low maintenance herbs.
Only outdoors, but they're pretty easy and low-maintenance. In Winter, I just switch over to the tops of supermarket green onions to take the place of the chives. :)

Funny you mention this, I asked my wife to get seeds but she had some at her work, she dug a section and its here now. Apparently it's like mint, takes over so ours is planted in a pot.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom