What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to live in a very thickly walled house When I lived in the Lake District in the UK. There we could easily sit on the windowsill, feet up and close the curtains and still have room for another person beside you. The walls were 1-1-5m thick and at the back of the farmhouse the ground went all the way up to the 1st floor windows! The house used to stay so cool in summer that you still needed an open fire in the sitting room in the evenings.
More or less the same here. We have aircon but even in the height of this summer we did not use it. All the doors and window have fitted mozzy screen so we just leave everything open. This is the family (for all family members to use) summer holiday house. Our house would have looked like this before the cladding.
1606374132093.png
1606374175650.png
1606374228428.png

More or less the same here. We have aircon but even in the height of this summer we did not use it. All the doors and window have fitted mozzy screen so we just leave everything open. This is the family (for all family members to use) summer holiday house. Our house would have looked like this before the cladding.View attachment 51339View attachment 51340View attachment 51341
The house in the lake district was an old farmhouse. The windowsills, about twice the depth of the middle picture. I don't actually have any digital images of it because it is so long ago that we lived there.
But where we are now in Australia, seethe only things that have aircon are or cars. The old (and that's old in Australian terms now) farmhouse we live in, does not have aircon. We just cope, so they'll be plenty of moaning on Saturday if it does get up to 36°C becsuse it will be the first time it's been that hot this season and hubby is working that day. I've been building up a supply of ice cubes again...

Sow Bugs! That's what is going on. Sow Bugs! Little armadillo bugs.

Sow bugs are a type of woodlice I have learned. They don't really do much harm. I mean, they don't tend to eat plants as far as I know.

I don't know that they do much harm. They usually hide under rocks and such, but occasionally take a stroll in the sunlight.

These little critters have an interesting evolutionary origin that dates back to the Carboniferous Period, when oceanic isopods first started going landward. Today, they've moved in quite far off the beach.

I don't know that they do much harm. They usually hide under rocks and such, but occasionally take a stroll in the sunlight.

These little critters have an interesting evolutionary origin that dates back to the Carboniferous Period, when oceanic isopods first started going landward. Today, they've moved in quite far off the beach.

Related to prawns. Maybe they are edible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom