What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen those birds before. They must be across a huge region if they can be seen in Thailand and the U.K.

Good on you Lullabelle. I need to do some tidying up in my veggie patch today and plant fresh kale plants & snow peas.

We are looking to grow broad beans again this year.

I've just eaten 2 late growing raspberries from my plants. My main crop was in January so I don't know why I'm getting a second crop. We are a month into Autumn here.

Russ

I’ve always loved watching them too.

A visit last year to Iandra Castle showed me the incredible mess they can make though.

BBE2D6E4-464E-4085-A4D0-744CF8949AB1.jpeg

D9EC4DA2-879B-4EE4-A44D-F76A7576198D.jpeg

This enormous building has these covered porches all around it and you can see the staining where they’ve started cleaning up the nests.

Other sections hadn’t been done yet and while I admire their ability I would hate to clean up behind them.

We have a buddlea in the back garden which is passed it's prime, it is mostly wooden stem and looks horrible so I have cut it back and will attempt to dig it out, sorry butterflies and bees I promise I will replace it with something better.

I have aheap of viola to plant but first I’m going to plant them into a big box of soil as I want to use them under the peach that needs trimming. Badly.

The buddlea. Is that commonly known as faux lilac or butterfly bush?

If so I had mine fall over during a wet patch last year. Had to stake it with a star picket then once the place dried out I cut it right back. It’s looking good now but I’m going to give it a hair cut.

I've got cherry blossom times two. Perfectly without any effort whatsoever on my part! Aren't trees clever? Photo tomorrow.

I have given the front lawn another mow and it looks so much better, started doing some weeding but it is really hot and sticky outside so I stopped :heat:
My husband gave me a big glass of water with a lot of ice in to help keep me cool, didn't help so called it a day.

I've just inexpertly trimmed the butterfly bush, ripped out the finished tomatoes, did a bit of weeding & watered the "lawn". It was mowed yesterday, it's more dandelion & other weeds than grass out there. It's been incredibly dry for months and we are having my daughters 18th here in 5 weeks so it needs some extra love.

Just harvested 6 kg of main crop rhubarb from my daughter's garden in Chester. Approx 4.5 kg are bagged ready for freezing and 1.5 kg are being stewed with dried fruit ready for the preserving jars.

Just harvested 6 kg of main crop rhubarb from my daughter's garden in Chester. Approx 4.5 kg are bagged ready for freezing and 1.5 kg are being stewed with dried fruit ready for the preserving jars.

How lovely. Rhubarb is one of my favourite things and so versatile. I like it with fish or lamb as well as in a good crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom