What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just inexpertly trimmed the butterfly bush, ripped out the finished tomatoes, did a bit of weeding & watered the "lawn". It was mowed yesterday, it's more dandelion & other weeds than grass out there. It's been incredibly dry for months and we are having my daughters 18th here in 5 weeks so it needs some extra love.

Our lawn needs a bit more love, it looks so much better than last year so we are making progress.

I just hired a new company to do the chemicals on the lawn. I'm a little apprehensive about paying someone to show up once a month to do such a simple job for such a price, but at the behest of my wife I'll give them a go. They guarantee a thick, green lawn with no weeds... we'll see.

And I've collected enough buckets to put my container garden in on the deck. I'm thinking 3 Grape tomato vines, 2 Early Girls, 2 Thai Bird chiles, and maybe a hot Cherry Pepper or two.

So the rest of my winter veg had been dug up. Right now everything including leeks and onions, kale and silver beet are in containers. They've got water so they're happy (they've also got soil, but water is something lacking around these parts as well...). Where we have moved to does get more rain and we're getting heavy morning due which is keeping some parts wet all day. That helps enormously. Some of my chooks haven't actually seen grass before let alone anything long enough for a strimmer (whipper stripper in Australia).

At some point this week I'll start digging the vegetable beds but that's after the Ikea jigsaw puzzles, after cleaning the kitchen cupboards so I can find homes for things and after...

Cherry blossom x 2 in my garden a few days ago - I like the way the trees do it all on their own:

fullsizeoutput_3207.jpeg

Anyone thought about doing a cherry blossom milk pudding for this challenge?

Chickens are the only thing currently going on in my garden. But in hopeful that most of the plants I dug up to move have survived. Only the chile plant seemed in trouble when I watered everything last night.

Now to just get a veg plot going again. I need to get the onions and garlic, next seasons leeks and kale into the ground. Potatoes can wait until the spring of needed really. It's just everything else that has to happen first.

Some of the fruit trees in my new garden. These are just what is visible from the front veranda when looking north. There are more to the south and plenty more at the back of the property.

DSC_3073.JPG

DSC_3076.JPG

As you can see, despite 5mm of rain the night before, the ground is parched. And here is green compared to my last place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom