What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning my husband did some weeding in the front garden and I mowed the back lawns, we wanted to do what we could before it got too hot.

I have no idea what that white stuff is on this caterpillar.
View attachment 31195

ETA: the internet tells me that's a tomato hornworm, and those white things are wasp larvae, and when they hatch, they'll dispose of the hornworm for me, then go out and find other hornworms to kill.

Isn't Nature cute in how deadly it is? :D

What you have here is the larvae of the Braconid wasp which is a GOOD thing! They wasps are parasites and inject their eggs into amongst other things, caterpillars. The larvae then emerge through the skin of the caterpillar. See here for a detailed explanation. The wasps are a gardeners friend.

https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu...s/beneficial-04_braconid_wasp_on_hornworm.htm

The gardener was in today cutting the long grass in the back field. He noticed the 8 lengths of ¾" water pipe and ½" electric conduit. "I'll do that for you", he says. "We have already organised the sparks - how much to dig the trench, today, and install the pipe later after the sparks and backfill the trench?" "฿ 500.00" he says (about £13.00).

I've prepared a contingency valve operating procedure for the alternative water supplies. I think my wife understands it.

Pump layout 2.jpg

What you have here is the larvae of the Braconid wasp which is a GOOD thing!
I originally figured the caterpillar just had its curlers in. Had to look good for the garden party later. :laugh:

Didn't get pics, but Mama, Papa, and Baby deer spent quite a bit of time in the back yard this morning.

Is it up and running now?

Yes.

But the day that it was completed, we had government water reinstated and it hasn't stopped raining since. Not the torrential downpours that we need but every little helps.

Thunder and lightning at the moment. Very, very frightening.

Yes.

But the day that it was completed, we had government water reinstated and it hasn't stopped raining since. Not the torrential downpours that we need but every little helps.

Thunder and lightning at the moment. Very, very frightening.

It never rains but it pours as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom