What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We found this.

tortoise s.jpg

Just been and checked seedlings, gypsophola sp? Is up. Wife wanted me to grow white and pink. Lettuces are up. Havnt checked the greenhouse yet. Waiting on corn to pop up. No chillies yet!

Russ

Still hot here, but the pepper plants are setting fruit. Well, except for the poblano. It is a huge plant, with no fruit. The herbs are doing fine, although the basil is getting a bit pale and leggy. It still tastes good.

Those black caterpillars look similar to a big, fat green one we get around here. Those ones we get can eat all the leaves off a big plant in a few hours. Ours turn into a huge, ugly moth.

It is tarantula mating season, so the males are emerging from the ground. I've seen a couple, so far. Not dangerous. Rather handsome creatures. Here is one in my garage...

Tula-4.jpg

He was about five inches, stretched out. I caught him and released him in a field nearby, so psycho-poodle wouldn't bother him.

CD

Still hot here, but the pepper plants are setting fruit. Well, except for the poblano. It is a huge plant, with no fruit. The herbs are doing fine, although the basil is getting a bit pale and leggy. It still tastes good.

Those black caterpillars look similar to a big, fat green one we get around here. Those ones we get can eat all the leaves off a big plant in a few hours. Ours turn into a huge, ugly moth.

It is tarantula mating season, so the males are emerging from the ground. I've seen a couple, so far. Not dangerous. Rather handsome creatures. Here is one in my garage...

View attachment 32573

He was about five inches, stretched out. I caught him and released him in a field nearby, so psycho-poodle wouldn't bother him.

CD

I would die if I found one in my garage. Not that I've got a garage. You should have used the spoiler button! :hyper:

I would die if I found one in my garage. Not that I've got a garage. You should have used the spoiler button! :hyper:
we get there around here as well... one of the houses we went to view locally when we first moved here (as in to Aus) had several including one that lived on the air con unit vent just by the kitchen door. We didn't go with that house for a number of reasons, despite being intrigued with a 'pet' tarantula.

we get there around here as well... one of the houses we went to view locally when we first moved here (as in to Aus) had several including one that lived on the air con unit vent just by the kitchen door. We didn't go with that house for a number of reasons, despite being intrigued with a 'pet' tarantula.

I knew there was a good reason why I never emigrated to Australia.

I knew there was a good reason why I never emigrated to Australia.
But I've not emigrated (yet). Technically we are overseas workers or were until last month. I'm not sure what we are now with hubby finally being on an Australian contract (actually just established that had nothing to do with it) but until we get accepted for citizenship I don't think we've emigrated. Not sure where the line is exactly ...

Ok, as of last month we may have emigrated. Technically we might not have yet but we never set out to and I think the term permanently if the keyword. Blurry lines...

Some of my neighbors go medieval when they see one, and smash it with a shovel. I do a "catch and release," and only because my dog would probably kill it if he found it. This particular type of tarantula is not venomous. The one in the photo is a male. The females are hard to find in the open, and have much more subtle coloring.

Now, that said, if I were to wake up and have one walking across my chest, I'd probably wet my shorts. :ohmy:

Last October, I came home from a trip to find thousands of honey bees in my house. Now THAT was an experience I hope I never have again.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom