What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's brother is a qualified tree guy, he recommended three trees for us about 15 to 20 years ago. A cherry blossom and those two at the back. He said all would only grow 6 ft. He was wrong. The first one is gone, got to about 20 ft. The back two you can see are lucky to still be here. My b.i.l has a history of mucking up. I shouldn't have listened to him,lmao.

Russ

We have just the opposite. You have small trees in a big yard, I have big trees in a small yard.

Cedar Elm in front of my 2-story house...

FrontYard.jpg

Live oak in the back yard. I planted this tree when my grandfather died, in his memory. The trunk is currently 56-inches (142-CM) in circumference.

BackYard.jpg

CD

We have just the opposite. You have small trees in a big yard, I have big trees in a small yard.

Cedar Elm in front of my 2-story house...

View attachment 33222

Live oak in the back yard. I planted this tree when my grandfather died, in his memory. The trunk is currently 56-inches (142-CM) in circumference.

View attachment 33223

CD
The big one in the front was sending out roots and moving the driveway, it had to go!! Nice looking joint ya got there, nice and cool for q ing!

Russ

caseydog and CraigC you might like to know seeds have just popped up, 6 X cerrano chillies and 4 long red cayenne chillies, heaps more due in next week. Wife has already planted store bought chilies but the best are the ones I'm germinating. About 10 different chillies.

Russ

Mine are all on the veranda in a 2 tier dog cage to protect them from tbe chooks, rosellas and ask the other native birds that eat seeds, seedlings, grass and grass roots... they get loads of early morning sun through to about 1pm. Then shade. If it's cold or forecast a frost, I pull tbe cage against the house and cover with some old mats.
Right now the kale, peas, broad beans and runner beans are all reaching for the sky and need repotting . That's a job for this weekend when I sow some more seeds.

Mine are all on the veranda in a 2 tier dog cage to protect them from tbe chooks, rosellas and ask the other native birds that eat seeds, seedlings, grass and grass roots... they get loads of early morning sun through to about 1pm. Then shade. If it's cold or forecast a frost, I pull tbe cage against the house and cover with some old mats.
Right now the kale, peas, broad beans and runner beans are all reaching for the sky and need repotting . That's a job for this weekend when I sow some more seeds.

No chooks here so trays sit out on my decking , I'll put a pic up later.

Russ

Put seeds out in the sun this morning, 4 red cayenne up and I just put trays away, another 5 cayenne are up and reaching for the sky.

Russ

I have a bumper crop of cayenne. They always do well in my garden. I be giving them away by the handful before we get our first frost -- probably a month away.

CD

I have a bumper crop of cayenne. They always do well in my garden. I be giving them away by the handful before we get our first frost -- probably a month away.

CD

Wife gives away seedlings to friends any spare as well. Not even summer here until December. Havnt looked outside yet this morning to see what else is up.

Russ

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom