What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just replaced hose fittings, with grandson here everything has had a hammering. He prolly rode over the ends and cracked two lots of fittings. Replaced the battery in the wife's radio she has in her she'd at the back. She loves her music.

Russ

We have no garden but we do have parking for two cars. Apparently because I pay a local authority charge of 8 kuna a month for the parking the grapes are mine. Carmillo has agreed to look after them for half the yeald. Mrs Blank is very pleased with her early Chrimbo present a brand new set of step ladders.

We get dragonflies here but can't say I've seen any in our garden. Plenty of bees too.

I see about 5-6 dragonflies in my home garden at any one time. A couple of weeks ago, I had a spectacular dragonfly airshow at my house late afternoon. There were about 40-50 dragonflies zooming around my front lawn eating something. The sunlight was such that you could see some sort of white speck rising up from the lawn and then a dragonfly would zoom at it, and then it disappeared. If the speck got to about 20' ft high, then it was safe. Watching the dragonflies, it's amazing how nimble they are. They'll go in one direction and then suddenly do vertical. This air show happened for 2-3 days around the same time (4-7pm EDT).

I have oregano/sage growing and when they go to seed, I'm amazed at the pollinators they attract. It's not just different kinds of bees but all sorts of wasps & flies.

Wasn't fast enough with the camera on Friday as a bald eagle 🦅 swooped down into our little Koi pond and made off with Mr. Bull Frog 🐸
😥😥. I caught a shadow out of the corner of my eye and by the time I got to the window the eagle was lifting off from the pond. I could see the Frog in the eagle's talons/feet.

Every being has to eat and one of the hazards of having the pond however, it was still quite sad as we had watched Mr Bull Frog grow from a tadpole. The bald eagle was magnificent to see from less then 10 feet with only a sliding glass door between us.

I think we will get a critter cam to put in the pond area to see what else comes around.

Wasn't fast enough with the camera on Friday as a bald eagle 🦅 swooped down into our little Koi pond and made off with Mr. Bull Frog 🐸
😥😥. I caught a shadow out of the corner of my eye and by the time I got to the window the eagle was lifting off from the pond. I could see the Frog in the eagle's talons/feet.

Every being has to eat and one of the hazards of having the pond however, it was still quite sad as we had watched Mr Bull Frog grow from a tadpole. The bald eagle was magnificent to see from less then 10 feet with only a sliding glass door between us.

I think we will get a critter cam to put in the pond area to see what else comes around.

What an amazing sight!! I would love a pond.

Russ

We have no garden but we do have parking for two cars. Apparently because I pay a local authority charge of 8 kuna a month for the parking the grapes are mine. Carmillo has agreed to look after them for half the yeald. Mrs Blank is very pleased with her early Chrimbo present a brand new set of step ladders.View attachment 44836

View attachment 44838
When we first moved here 30 years ago we had vines all around our fencing. I cut them all down. Hell if I knew then what I know now.
:(

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom