What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's uncanny, because you're absolutely right, I <bleeping> hate DST! I hate it so much! I hate it more than ham and pineapple pizza, and that's saying something.

Except for the normal things like war and and hunger and disease all that usual stuff, I think I hate DST more than probably anything else. I really hate it.
We could house swap, I have Hawaiian pizzas . :)

Russ

I knew it. You need a second home in the southern hemisphere, so you can always live with short days, cold temperatures, rain, snow, and all that other winter stuff.

CD
One reason I can't stand the whole stupid thing is that I grew up just a few miles from the Ohio-Indiana border, where the county on the Indiana side didn't follow DST.

We went to that area a lot, my parents still do, and when I was a teen, there were several shops and restaurants in that county that we liked to visit, and we'd get in the car and drive over there, only to find they weren't open or serving yet, because we were an hour off, then we'd either have to sit in the damn car in the parking lot for an hour or turn around and go somewhere else. That used to burn my azz every time it happened! And it happened a lot! 😡

We could house swap, I have Hawaiian pizzas . :)

Russ
...and they'd still be there when we swapped back!

I bought a mat for standing in front of the grill (the three times I'll do that this summer :laugh:):

It's a little wild-looking, but the colors will match the planters, once I get those out.

My herb garden has spent all Winter under several inches of insulating straw. I removed much of that a couple of weeks ago, and as we're due for above-freezing temps for the next week or so, I uncovered it completely.

Everything except the rosemary is sprouting. I've got sage, oregano, chives, thyme, and of course mint, because you can't kill that stuff, as hard as I try.

Both the basil and dill will need to be replaced.

My herb garden has spent all Winter under several inches of insulating straw. I removed much of that a couple of weeks ago, and as we're due for above-freezing temps for the next week or so, I uncovered it completely.

Everything except the rosemary is sprouting. I've got sage, oregano, chives, thyme, and of course mint, because you can't kill that stuff, as hard as I try.

Both the basil and dill will need to be replaced.

It looks like my oregano survived the deep freeze of 2021. I need to do some trimming and a little weeding, but it looks healthy, otherwise. All the other herbs are dead.

The live oak trees lost all their leaves after the deep freeze, so my yard is full of leaves. Live oaks usually drop their old leaves in the Spring, but new ones grow in their place at the same time, so the trees are green all year. This is the first time I've seen them with bare limbs. I'm just starting to see some new buds.

Driving around town, I noticed the the Redbud trees are blooming. They are the prettiest trees we have in North Texas, IMO.

Unknown-3.jpeg

CD

It looks like my oregano survived the deep freeze of 2021. I need to do some trimming and a little weeding, but it looks healthy, otherwise. All the other herbs are dead.

The live oak trees lost all their leaves after the deep freeze, so my yard is full of leaves. Live oaks usually drop their old leaves in the Spring, but new ones grow in their place at the same time, so the trees are green all year. This is the first time I've seen them with bare limbs. I'm just starting to see some new buds.

Driving around town, I noticed the the Redbud trees are blooming. They are the prettiest trees we have in North Texas, IMO.

View attachment 59695

CD
Beautiful colour, we had a cherry blossom tree that flowered like that for years. Wife's bro is a qualified landscaper. He recommended it as it only grew to 6ft. I chopped it down when it got to 18 ft. I don't listen to him anymore.

Russ

I'm about three weeks behind on my planting, but I got the stuff to do it this weekend. Rosemary, basil, thyme, cayenne pepper, and jalapeño.

View attachment 60967

CD
I just bought basil, dill, and rosemary today. It's raining out right now. They're getting a drink, still in their little pots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom