What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like a lot of work, congratulations and bon appetit.
Actually it has been very easy, I bought them all as small plants in trays, and up to this last week we have had a good mix of sunshine and rain, so they have mostly taken care of themselves. Other than the odd bit of weeding, tying up and shouting at slugs I can't take much credit.

All my cauliflowers have formed curds, we will be eating broad beans by the weekend, the leeks are all setting up strong, the tomatoes are making fruit, the chilli donated by a friend is loaded, and I have a glut of beetroot. :woot::thankyou:

Tomato plants are pretty much done in Texas, for now. It is too hot to set fruit, so they are browning. But, we have two tomato seasons here, so my sister in Houston usually plants a second crop in September.

My pepper plants will stay alive through the summer, but won't set any fruit from now until September. Then, they will go mad with fruit. It will be the hottest fruit of the summer, too.

My herbs will be fine all summer, as long as I keep them watered.

CD

Soooo, I let psycho-poodle out in the yard, and was looking out of the window, and he wandered around, and then into my big plot of oregano. He then tucked into the hunch position, and dropped a deuce in the middle of my oregano. Seriously?

So, now I have to go scoop it out, as carnivore poop is not food crop safe fertilizer.

Pets are never ending mysteries.

CD

I´ve just picked two cupfuls of tiny, wild tomatoes and another cupful of hot, heart-shaped chile peppers. The "uchuva" ( cape gooseberry) plants were trimmed back last week and I´ve got a pumpkin snaking its way around the plot. No fruit yet. The rosemary has gone wild since I took it out of a pot and put it into the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom