What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's visitor - a fawn squirrel.........

Tree pruning.
There were 92 needing cutting back. +60 year old pine trees put in to line the track. 60 years on and they've grown a touch too much and are now causing issues so a severe prune was in order. We've 5 more left to do. It's taken over 3 weeks with hubby taking time off work and me also doing it alone during the days he worked.

We've yet to deal with the simply massive piles of branches but that's a problem for another season. Even our landlord has said leave it all at the side of the track, the ground up top is too wet and even the tractor is getting stuck.

Most have been done with ladders at their highest reach but some were simply not safe to do that way and so a little tree climbing wad in order (hubby only, with my arthritis and paralysis I can only (just on a good day) climb the ladders.) Mostly I supervise, clean up and cut up the fallen branches and felled trees (some were dead) with the chainsaw. We have a battery operated 14" chainsaw that I can just lift. It's quite surprising what it can actually cut down and cut up.

And yes, we did find a dead body, just not human... (A sheep that had stuck it's head through the fencing and got stuck with both curled horns on the other side of the wire. Usually we find them and free them, but this one was a long way from the house and deep under the overgrown branches of the pine, probably seeking shade from the summer sunshine and spotting greenery on the other side of the fence). Sad but nothing could be done about it. We only found the skull and spine because we were cutting back the heavy undergrowth.

I can't even do that these days... I was supposed to have something in hospital which required climbing a ladder (yes I know it sounds odd - its called a prone biopsy) and simply couldn't do it. Sorry - off topic.

For many years I've had probably that same ailment. My problem is balance (and not only when I'm pished). I even find it difficult to balance on a motorbike even if I'm the passenger.

No idea to be honest.

The multi-colors has me perplexed. Maybe they are ornamental chilis.

My backyard chili pepper plants are in September in Texas mode, which means they are producing lots of flowers, and setting lots of fruit. I always get a bumper crop this time of year.

CD

The multi-colors has me perplexed. Maybe they are ornamental chilis.

My backyard chili pepper plants are in September in Texas mode, which means they are producing lots of flowers, and setting lots of fruit. I always get a bumper crop this time of year.

CD

They go from green to mottled purple to red, that is their ripening process. Definitely edible, TVC has been using some in meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom