What's going on in your garden (2018-2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They go from green to mottled purple to red, that is their ripening process. Definitely edible, TVC has been using some in meals.

How are they? Are they really hot, or mild, or somewhere in between? Does the color effect the flavor or heat?

I wonder if they will survive over winter indoors, and bear fruit again next year.

CD

How are they? Are they really hot, or mild, or somewhere in between? Does the color effect the flavor or heat?

I wonder if they will survive over winter indoors, and bear fruit again next year.

CD
This plant was given to us by a friend in exchange for one of our cauliflowers. He grows a variety of chilis, and did tell us its name, but I've forgotten. He did say its the one he uses most in cooking as it's a good all rounder. I find them quite hot, but not as hot as a birds eye. When green they give just heat, but when ripe are more rounded with a bit of sweetness and are good raw.
We won't try to over winter it as we are promised more plants next year.

Our seeds are growing as spring arrives, I’m growing
Lettuces iceberg
Cos lettuces
Radishes
Spinach
Corn
Peas
And a new addition asparagus, my mate gave us a crown, wife planted it 4 weeks ago, we have 3 sprouts but we have to leave them. We will get next year

Russ
I would have been planting out my seeds today but I probably need top leave it a couple more days just to give my burn a chance to heal a tad. (I'm at emergency at the moment after problems last night with a pan of oil...)

All appears back to normal, just need to transfer e mail addys etc over.this new I pad is completely different to my old one.
I planted seeds a few weeks ago so they are a few inches high. Corns only one that’s not up yet.
lettuces here are $7 each so I need my ones urgently.

Russ

It´s definitely a type of mirasol ( which means "looking at the sun") because the fruit point upwards; it´s probably one of the capsicum frutescens type.
Given the colours, it´s also probably ornamental, as Caseydog points out, given the colours.
There are natural purple chiles in Bolivia and Perú, and the "ají amarillo" ( yellow chile - although it´s actually orange) means that the orange colour is also common.

The lemon tree was well made into a tree. Previously lemons had been hanging on the ground! Well now it actually looks like a tree.

The chooks are not impressed that they are no longer invisible when under the tree. It is their preferred hiding spot with the entire flock (now only 18 birds) often under the tree. No need for fertiliser!

PS, those leaves in the bottom left are amarylis leaves from the wild bulbs in the garden.

The lemon tree was well made into a tree. Previously lemons had been hanging on the ground! Well now it actually looks like a tree.

View attachment 72832

The chooks are not impressed that they are no longer invisible when under the tree. It is their preferred hiding spot with the entire flock (now only 18 birds) often under the tree. No need for fertiliser!

PS, those leaves in the bottom left are amarylis leaves from the wild bulbs in the garden.

Do you worry about snakes over there? I’d be very wary!

Russ

Warming up now, cucumbers planted out, peas also,radishes planted from seed again. Lettuces planted out also. Raspberries and strawberries are budding, I expect good crops this year,being canes are in their second year.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom