Recipe What's in the Fridge Omelette

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
2:43 PM
whats-in-french-omelette2.jpg

Brunch, lunch or dinner in 15 minutes. Great for using up Christmas ham.
Ingredients
  • 1½ tablesp. olive oil
  • 4-6 potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 8 eggs, beaten with 2 tablesp. freshly grated cheese
  • A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Chopped parsley
To Cook
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes until nearly cooked and beginning to brown. Add the onion and continue to cook until the onion is just golden, then add the garlic.

When the potatoes are just cooked, season the egg mixture and add to the potatoes. Stir well and allow the eggs to cook on the base. Place a plate over the pan, carefully turn the omlette onto the plate, then slide back into the pan to cook the other side.

Serving Suggestions
To serve, sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges.

Note
You can add other ingredients, whatever is available - chopped ham, bacon, scallions, mushrooms. You can of course use up cooked potatoes, but the flavour is much better if you start out with uncooked.

http://www.bordbia.ie/consumer/recipes/christmas/pages/whatsinthefridgeomlette.aspx

This looks really good and probably something that we could prepare in the summer when we are camping. It looks like a great breakfast and a great way to start the day. I am going to bookmark this recipe because I know it is something that I am going to make. It is simple and easy and so good! :)

This looks really good and probably something that we could prepare in the summer when we are camping. It looks like a great breakfast and a great way to start the day. I am going to bookmark this recipe because I know it is something that I am going to make. It is simple and easy and so good! :)
You take a fridge when you're camping?

Yes, that looks good. I make a similar dish called campers omelette. We don't use it for camping(you could), but we make it at home. It has many of the same ingredients, but I substitute bacon and add green pepper if I have it..It really is a delicious dish. I like making omelettes in general because you can use up many leftover veggies and pieces of meat that way...add a bit of cheese and you have a meal.

Reactions: L_B
You take a fridge when you're camping?

No but we have coolers that we keep all our food in that we take with us. Not sure why we would need a fridge for this particular dish. After rereading it again I don't see anything that we would need the fridge for when preparing this dish.

Back
Top Bottom