What's that one piece of equipment in the kitchen that's just "sitting" around?

Local time
2:31 AM
It's the juicer my husband went out and bought. He was excited for a few months and he was juicing this, that and everything.

As with a lot of things I was not thrilled when it came home. I figured it was just another complicated piece of equipment I would have to end up cleaning.

I thoroughly enjoyed his "productions" though, and honestly I feel like they made a difference with my health. These days, the novelty has worn off and the juicer is separated and just "sitting" around.

Someone needs to start juicing again!!

I have a lot of stuff in the back room that it just "sitting around", and I'll soon start sorting through that to get rid of some things! :eek:

I have a lot of stuff in the back room that it just "sitting around", and I'll soon start sorting through that to get rid of some things! :eek:

To be honest, so do I, but I went in the basement and that juicer was staring me in the face. One part here, the other there like a "family" sitting around. I don't fancy equipment with lots of pieces. It's a big turn off to me. In the case of the juicer I love what it did but the clean up after was too much for me. Like you, I am going to have to do some sorting out sone, "search and rescue".:)

There's one toaster in my kitchen that looks like it's been out of commission but the others who live here won't let me chuck it out. Sometimes I'll just stare at it and wonder how somebody managed to break a toaster without burning it via burning toast.

My partner bought a pancake maker from a car boot sale a few years ago. It has been sat gathering dust on top of the kitchen units ever since. The gadget I would like at the moment is a toastie maker. I used mine all the time but then it broke.

I have a vegetable slicing machine that has never been used. I always use a knife because there is less to wash after use.

I also inherited a deep fat fryer from a previous occupant of my apartment. It's still sitting in the cupboard where I found it. I never deep fry anything and can't see myself ever using it.

We don't use that many appliances here so there's actually a lot that may be considered basic in some households but are left ignored at mine. For example, it's been years since we've used our blender and we even have two coffee brewers that are just in storage. I don't think they would sell for much either so they're just collecting dust in the garage.

My nutri bullet! I have had it about 5 months and have not even taken it out of the package yet. I bought it for making smoothies but then bought an oster personal blender two days later and the oster is so easy to use and clean I haven't really had a need to use the nutri bullet.

That would be the rice cooker I was given as a gift several years ago. I was actually rather excited about it at first, but then I quickly realized that I prefer making my rice on the stovetop. No, there is not the convenience of being able to go off and forget about it when I cook on the stovetop, but I like the rice that I cook there better than the rice that comes out of the rice cooker as a rule.

Back
Top Bottom