What's The Most Useless Thing In Your Kitchen?

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
7:07 AM
Piggybacking off the "scariest" topic, what's the most useless thing in your kitchen?

You can define "useless" however you like; maybe it doesn't perform as it should, or maybe it's something you have and just never use.

For me, it's the plastic egg holder that came with my fridge - a removable plastic box with wells for 18 eggs. Takes up a good bit of shelf space in my fridge, and I never, ever use it, but I hate to throw it out because it came with the fridge! :laugh:

Tupperware - useless because I have probably total 20 pieces and I only use about 5 of them. The other 15 are useless to me but, I just can't bring myself to throw/ give them away as I always think there will suddenly be a need for them.

George
Seriously - he has his special dishes that I greatly enjoy and leave to him.
Other than that I would rather he stayed out of the kitchen. He makes a mess and does a half job of cleaning. I have tried to teach him to be my prep chef. NOT.
Refuses to hold a knife properly, thinks he is a Master Chef wacking veggies. Terrifying. The most dangerous thing in my kitchen :hyper::banghead:

My gas cooker. We have sufficient other gas hobs and the oven is useless.

Last edited:
Buongiorno a tutti,
Microwave, Antonio buy me for birthday gift. I hate thing, when think about it I never even open door. Antonio buy it four year ago! Ray laugh an almost fall of sofa when he see my face when I open paper. Antonio said is useful mama, I say how you think I forget how to cook. Antonio very annoyed he said it thought that count mama, I said next time think harder :(.
Sarana x

Buongiorno a tutti,
Microwave, Antonio buy me for birthday gift. I hate thing, when think about it I never even open door. Antonio buy it four year ago! Ray laugh an almost fall of sofa when he see my face when I open paper. Antonio said is useful mama, I say how you think I forget how to cook. Antonio very annoyed he said it thought that count mama, I said next time think harder :(.
Sarana x

Microwaves are very misunderstood and there is a lot of prejudice against them. I use mine quite a lot and not only for re-heating. I make the best Bechamel sauce in the microwave, for example. Another thread really.

Microwaves are very misunderstood and there is a lot of prejudice against them. I use mine quite a lot and not only for re-heating. I make the best Bechamel sauce in the microwave, for example. Another thread really.
Ciao MG,
I understand it just personal thing I dislike them is all.

Sarana x

The most useless thing doesn't exist in our kitchen, a slow cooker. Never owned one, never will. My slow cookers are outside.

Buongiorno a tutti,
Sarana x
That made me laugh! We have a microwave, but all I ever use it for is to heat water or milk, syrup, melt butter, that sort of thing. I did make soft-boiled eggs in the microwave, using steps here on the forum, and that worked fairly well, but was about the same effort at a pan and water.

It does do a good job with scrambled eggs, though, I must say. :)

My cooker (oven does not work). Can opener that does not like opening cans. But actually the whole kitchen does not work as is ridiculously small.

Back
Top Bottom