What's You Favorite Meal of the Day?

x0beka0x

Veteran
Local time
3:10 PM
I generally eat all three meals a day, But I would have to say my favorite is Dinner time. At dinner time you get to eat so much more and the combination of stuff you can create is wonderful. From hot to cold dishes. It is the last meal of the day you will taste before you go to bed which always makes me want to make something extra delicious! When I make a meal for dinner I always make sure it has a meat, vegetables, and some kind of potato or pasta. I would have to say one of the things I like to make the most would be pan fried Pork chops with Sautéed mushrooms and onions, with steamed broccoli. So what's your favorite meal. and what's your favorite dish to make for that meal?

can I vote for snacks please? :D

I'll do it, whether or not it's allowed. :p

It's the evening snack for me! Some crackers, delicious cheese, maybe a fruit or two. YUM! I'm on a tight budget at the moment so breakfast, lunch and dinner are as cheap as possible but I always spend a bit more to have a quality snack.

Of course you can do snack's I would love to hear many different yummy idea's. I love cheese and crackers, my favorite time to have cheese and crackers is with pepperoni.

Dinner for me . I have a tendency to eat before bed .I make my own dinner every night. Rice with something either soup or stir fry.

Of course you can do snack's I would love to hear many different yummy idea's. I love cheese and crackers, my favorite time to have cheese and crackers is with pepperoni.
most of my snacks fall under the 'weird & wonderful' category.

Whilst travelling, we were introduced to a number of 'regional dishes' which we loved and still have now.
One was tahini with grape molasses (can be done with date molasses as well). We prefer it with more tahini than grape molasses. This is then spread on bread/toast or pieces of fresh bread dipped into it.
Another was sunflower helva/halva which we have not been able to purchase anywhere other than Latvia/Lithuania & Poland. Usually it is made with sesame seeds but in the Baltic states we came across a sunflower seed version which was exceptionally nice, if a little odd looking in colour (being grey).
Other snacks include Sweet white miso kale crisps (homemade) - these are the sort of things that family will try tentatively knowing that with me if they dare to try it they will be surprised, homemade fruit leathers (basically pureed fruit - no sugar added, which is then dried into a thin sheet) or the homemade vegan chocolate chip scones I have now perfected the recipe for!

But if you like cheese and biscuits and are in the UK, try getting your hands on some really fresh Hawes Creamery Wendsleydale cheese and some digestive biscuits and put the 2 together in a generous cheese proportion. Lancashire cheese (and some Cheshire Cheese) goes exceptionally well with fruit cakes as well - and until no longer being able to eat dairy products, my Christmas cake was always served with Wendsleydale cheese.

can I vote for snacks please? :D

Great options for many of us always living in a rush :D

Personally I like lunch above all other meals of the day, and look that I many time have also supper.

In the morning one rarely enjoy breakfast at all with so many pending things in mind, and dinner is often the time when we are somewhat tired.

However lunch falls in the middle of the day, when we are more relaxed than early in the morning, and not so tired like at dinner time. Besides lunch is particularly practical, no need to have a formal lunch most of the times.

I like lunch the most. Breakfast starts my day so it usually something quick and easy. Lunch I can make it a bigger meal. I usually have a big salad with all the fixings and a sub sandwich. For dinner I try to make it a light meal when I eat it.

Dinner as after a hard days work, it's nice to look forward to a hearty meal. Plus, I prefer hot meals (like stir fry vegetables and noodles), to the cold meals I normally eat for breakfast and lunch. My least favorite food has always been cereal, so I'm not a huge fan of breakfast, :laugh: although I don't mind porridge, toast, fruit salad or hash browns.

My favorite meal is dinner. I have a healthy dinner, although that is not the right thing to do. I am usually in a rush through the day, so the only meal that I can have without much of distraction or interruptions is dinner. So, by far the best suitable and the most looked up to meal is dinner. :)

If I'm eating out, I prefer a long, leisurely lunch - I've picked up the Spanish habit! However, if I'm cooking at home, dinner is my favourite, because very often we skip lunch and/or breakfast, or maybe just have some fruit. But dinner is always something nice but quick and easy to prepare. It's still too hot to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom