What's Your Favorite Breakfast Dish?

whitakermk

Veteran
Local time
6:25 PM
Is there a favorite dish that you, or your family, loves? What about a favorite breakfast during the holiday season, Christmas morning, or possibly during a camping trip? Feel free to share your favorite dishes and possibly the story behind them.

We are not huge breakfast meal eaters in my home. It is normally a bowl of cereal or a granola bar, but sometimes I feel like baking and will make some homemade cinnamon rolls. They take a couple hours to make, so I don't make them very often. I like to add pecan pieces to the filling so that there is a little unexpected crunch when someone bites in.

Afraid we break all the rules and usually skip breakfast during the week but usually on the weekends it's the old traditional bacon+eggs+ etc etc. Maybe not recommended but life is too short not to enjoy a few treats.

Fried onions and potatoes into a hash with mushrooms, eggs, beans and Staffordshire oatcakes or pancakes. My parents like cooking breakfast and they make enough for leftovers to snack on throughout the day.

I am not a big breakfast eater really. when I go away, I do take advantage of a good breakfast buffet. I'll start with a fruit juice, fruit and yoghurt and then have a full English breakfast.

A normal breakfast for me would be a bowl of some sort of cereal, usually oat flakes, oatmeal or cream of wheat, along with some boiled, scrambled or fried egg, some bread with butter or cheese, and a beverage, either tea, Milo or cocoa. On Christmas morning there would be an added touch to the breakfast. Apart from what I mentioned above, we would always have some ham with our breakfast. This ham is usually cooked on Christmas eve.

My favourite... (and the only breakfast I eat every day) is oatmeal topped with berries and chia seeds and flax seed. Super healthy, but most importantly super delicious. When I feel like a sweet tooth, I like adding half a banana in my cooked oatmeal. This way it still gives a sweet taste from natural sugar.

There's nothing better than a jazzed up bowl of oatmeal. Add raisins, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and just a tiny bit of sugar and condensed milk. Stir up till its thick and creamy, and enjoy. Heaven in a bowl.

I adore Sunnyside up eggs served with some form of bread like biscuits, toast, or hash browns. That way, what's left of the egg can be soaked up using the bread and eaten. I like to think the yoke makes the bread taste just a bit better.

I adore Sunnyside up eggs served with some form of bread like biscuits, toast, or hash browns. That way, what's left of the egg can be soaked up using the bread and eaten. I like to think the yoke makes the bread taste just a bit better.
This sounds good to me too. Just that my oatmeal breakfast is so healthy. Plus it fills me up, I'm okay for a good few hours until lunch.

For me it's just a simple smoothie packed with a lot of fruit and veggies. I was never a breakfast fan, but I feel much better during the day if I start it off with a healthy drink.

As a special treat I like to cut an avocado in half lengthwise and crack an egg in each side. I thin put a slice of cheese on each side and bake it in the oven. If I really feel like celebrating I serve it with some bacon and hash browns on the side!

My favorite breakfast dish is eggs benedict with tomatoes, avocado and real bacon. If I'm cooking it for myself, I love pan fried potatoes with onions, bell peppers, chopped bacon with sunny side up eggs and sausage!

For Christmas, we always have cinnamon rolls, lots of coffee and mimosas!

I'm not a morning person, so I don't wake up any earlier than I have to. With that said, I usually only have time to pour some cereal...maybe toast a bagel and have fruit with it. I don't even have coffee until I'm in the office.

Back
Top Bottom