What's your favorite exotic pizza?

Local time
3:46 AM
I have to admit, whenever I order out, I usually just get half cheese and half mushroom, but I've been trying to broaden my horizons when it comes to tasting different types of pizza. I tried Hawaiian pizza the other day, and to my surprise, it wasn't that bad. I really thought it was going to be awful. Do you have any favorite type(s) of exotic flavored pizza? I don't even know if Hawaiian would be considered "exotic" anymore, but it was for me! Lol

I get "exotic" pizzas from time to time, just to change things up, but I would never call any of them my favorite. Some of the ones I've tried over the years:

- Bbq chicken pizza, not bad but the bbq sauce is way too sweet on a pizza
- Hawaiian style pizza with pineapple and ham, the pineapple usually makes the pizza too soggy and it doesn't taste quite right with the tomato sauce
- Egg and pepper pizza, I actually really like these but they are hard to find. No sauce, just a "white" pizza with garlic & olive oil, then scrambled egg poured over it and bell peppers and romano. Baked until the eggs are set and slightly golden.
- Taco pizza, Pizza Hut had this years ago and it was disgusting. They smeared refried beans over the dough in lieu of sauce, then topped it with your usual taco stuff. Way too much starch.
- Caramelized onions, Neufatel cheese & thyme pizza, tried this after reading it on a gourmet website. Didn't like this at all, way too dry and the flavor was extremely bland.

When I was on holiday in Australia I tried a Falafel pizza that was topped off with yoghurt (the sort you get in a kebab). It was a little unusual but delicious, if I saw one on a menu, I'd definitely order it. I've also had a pizza which had avocado as one of the main toppings instead of cheese.

Back
Top Bottom