Whats your favourite salad dish?

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
8:59 AM
My favourite salad dish is cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, beetroot, grapes and peppers what's yours?

Mine involves a lot of herbs & spices (fresh & ground coriander, cumin, paprika, fresh parsley, garlic), chickpeas, salad onions, lemon juice, a lot of olive oil, served over spinach, wild rocket & watercress with an olive oil and tamari dressing. The chickpea part is best made up a day in advance and left to mature. It is also meant to have a yoghurt, coriander and garlic dressing with it, but I am not that keen on that bit!

My favorite salad would be a Mediterranean inspired salad with lettuce, Greek or Italian olives, feta cheese, tomato and balsamic vinegar. For those who haven't tried out balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing, I highly recommend it.

Another of my favorite salads, which is my step dad's special dish, isn't exactly healthy but it's delicious. It contains croutons, cheese, tomato, beetroot (this makes the salad) and a healthy dollop of mayonnaise ha ha.

My favorite is a very simple one. You slice up cucumbers really thin as well as an onion, and then salt them well, leaving them in the fridge for a few hours. You drain them of the water that'll be pulled out by the salt and you had a dash of vinegar and enough cream (heavy whipping cream I believe?) to cover them entirely. So delicious.

I love creamy chilled salads, particularly pasta salads - such as a creamy seafood and shells pasta salad. Problem is they are loaded with fat, so I may try and test out some of the low fat mayos again to see how they are these days, or perhaps some fat free greek yogurt.

Another simple one I like to make is just cucumbers with sour cream, fresh dill and a little salt and peppers.

Back
Top Bottom