What's Your Most Memorable Moment in 2021?

February, the "Big Freeze." Temperatures in the Dallas area getting as low as -2F/-19C, rolling blackouts (electricity on 30 minutes, off 30 minutes). You can read about it, and the reasons it happened (our state government is run by idiots) at the link below...

2021 Texas power crisis - Wikipedia

CD

Last edited:
I would say for me, it was my folks selling their house after 50 years, and moving into a little retirement condo in town, followed promptly by my dad falling, breaking his hip, and now looking a full-time admission to a long-term care facility.

The house was especially poignant, because it's a house my dad and my brothers built from the ground up - they did all the work. They started when I was 5yo and we moved in shortly after getting the house dried in, when I was 6yo, so I still have memories of the property being nothing but heavy woods, and going out on weekends and watching my dad and my brothers clear the building site, my dad bartering car repairs for the loan of a backhoe to dig the foundation, that sort of thing.

A lot of memories, that's for sure, and none of us really thought they'd ever move away, especially as my dad's dementia slowly progressed.

For my wife, I think she would say changing from one host agency to another, and having her business go from dead in the water due to Covid, to having to turn a couple of clients away due to workload as travel has picked back up.

2 P.M., Monday, December 27th, 2021.
I said "I Do" to a man I have lived with for 30 years.
When you have been together that long there is a tendency to take things for granted. Yes, we have always loved each other. We have stuck together through good times and bad times. I figured the wedding would just be a formality.
I was not prepared for the shift that I felt in my heart. I was not prepared for the depth of love in George's eyes when he said his vows to me. I was not prepared for the overwhelming emotion I felt when I said my vows to him.
The best moment of 2021 and the best moment of my life.
Next best has been calling him husbnd.

I don't want to jinx it, but 2021 has just about made up for the SH!#$HOW that was 2020.
  • I got to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday with the entire family amid a global pandemic
  • My sister announced she is expecting
  • 2 days ago, I also found out my wife and I are expecting!

Congratulations! Where's my Cuban cigar?

Back
Top Bottom