When you order Take away/delivery/carry out, do you plate or eat out of the container(s)?

Here's a video I watched some time ago about edible spoons. Yes edible spoons. It's from NatGeo and very interesting. If this became available, it would reduce the use of plastic spoons but, I haven't found them anywhere to buy. We frequently use bread to wipe our soup bowl clean, so why not this?

View: https://youtu.be/r4Cc5zmy0eY

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to think about that question.

The only thing I have delivered is an occasional pizza. I pull a couple of slices out of the box at a time, and put them on a plate. I put the box in a warm oven to keep the pizza warm.

The only take out I bring home is when I get a Whataburger craving, and eat that right out of the bag. I spread the burger wrapper out, dump my fires on it with my burger, and a little ketchup for the fries. The burger wrapper is my plate.

If I were to bring home Chinese, and every thing was in separate cartons, I would plate my meal, for sure. Leftover food would go to the fridge in their cartons.

I travel so much, and have to eat out when I travel. So, when I am home, I cook most of my own food. If I do eat out locally, it is usually with friends, and we eat at a restaurant, not take out or delivery.

CD

"Carry outs" here normally come in plastic bags here so need to be plated. There are exceptions such as the bai mee yok that we buy quite regularly - this comes in grease proof paper (with the soup in a plastic bag) but still needs plating.

packing s.jpg

Back in the UK the carry out that I virtually always ate in the "container" was fish and chips (preferably in newspaper).

We don't get a takeaway very often, but when we do we always plate it up. Even pizza: we'll keep the main pizza in the box (to keep warm) but still use a plate for each slice.

Back
Top Bottom